National Championship

Johnny Crockett was the last winner, there have been contenders since, Tekoa Mountain sunrise was one. Before Johnny Crockett it was Mississippi Zev, in the lat 50's, I think 1957 or so. About time for a English Setter to win again, back early on the won every National Championship, till a pointer won, and it became a horse race.

I see Barnum and Pinnacle in the pedigree, good stuff. Some Sunrise and Mosely there too. Interesting pedigree for sure.

I see Barnum and Pinnacle in the pedigree, good stuff. Some Sunrise and Mosely there too. Interesting pedigree for sure.

Last night I read someone described his pedigree as "rested blood", I am guessing that is in reference to the fact that all the big names were a few generations back in the pedigree?

Last night I read someone described his pedigree as "rested blood", I am guessing that is in reference to the fact that all the big names were a few generations back in the pedigree?

Thats my understanding of the term too. Another guy described that 3 generation pedigree as "polyglot". And opined that linebreeding was out as a result.

However, Bo will get lots of breedings right away as a result of this historic win and hopefully some bloodlines will "nick" with his own. Time will tell.

True All Age setters are a very rare animal. Look at how few setters have qualified and run at Ames in the past 40 years.

NB

Back