Motorcycle Riders

Dakotazeb

I started the same thread 2 years ago but thought it was time to run it up the ol' flag pole agian. :)

I thought I was done riding a couple years ago and sold my Harley. Then I decided last fall I needed a bike so I bought one online that came from Massachusetts. It's an '02 Road King Classic with a custom paint job and a bunch of add-ons. When I got it the bike needed some TLC so it became a winter project. It's pretty much complete now with new tires, seat, mufflers and a number of other items.

Maybe we should have a UPH ride sometime???

DSCF1096.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice bike Zeb. I ride a '74 yamaha yz 400 enduro. I'm currently in the process of a resto-mod project on it.

That is quite a machine.

Very nice bike.

I've got a couple of old BMW twins and a Yamaha Radian. My days of long-distance rides are done.

Keep the shiny side up. :)

I have a few myself but can't ride much anymore. I have rode bikes my whole life.

Here's my 1400 Intruder and one of my motocross bikes a KX450. Also have some 125's. A pic of a KX500 like I had bought new years ago. I have had a bunch of street bikes over the years. A BMW, KZ1300 six cylinder, KZ700 LTD, Etc. Never has a Harley, I was always into performance and reliability and until the twin cam 88 came out IMO was a issue with HD. If I could still ride enough to justify the cost of a HD....I would buy one but it would have to float my boat. Something painted up like their Org. race bake in black and Orange. For now, mine pretty much sit collecting dust. Just haven't had the heart to let go of them.

Geez, no Harley guys on this site??? :)

Zeb, your Harley is totally "sick" cool. a 10 on the wow factor. Ride that baby with pride.

I would love to spend a few days at the "full Throttle Saloon" at Sturgis and just enjoy all the scenery...well checking out the born on dating. My wife thinks I need my head examined but hey, she's into living breathing horses not Iron Horses.

Op, I bet that 2 stroke 500 screams! My old bike is a 2 stroke and will pull a wheelie in every gear with my scrawny 135lb ass on it.

Op, I bet that 2 stroke 500 screams! My old bike is a 2 stroke and will pull a wheelie in every gear with my scrawny 135lb ass on it.

Believe it or not. The KX450 4 stroke will whip it's butt. A complete animal and I love my two strokes. I never thought they could get that kind of response and a power band like that from a 4 stroke. Unreal!

I sold mine last year. Just never used it.
004.jpg

Cool thing is I picked up a Ranger. Love that thing. The wife put 400 miles on it last year the kids put on 20 miles and I got like 10 or something but we use the heck out of that thing.
013.jpg

Lee, that was a sweet bike. Nice Ranger and dog trailer also.

Sweet Ride Wirehair's

Hey Wirehairs, we probably can't get together for a ride but how about a couple days of hunting next fall?

Nice Electra Glide Standard. A buddy of mine drove one of those for many years.

I have a nice old 83 Honda 750 Shadow in the shed with 18000 miles on it.. Looked her over real good today, when it was 85 degrees out. Jumped on her, cranked it a couple times,and she fired right up. Took her for a little spin into Bomgaars. It felt good to be in the seat again.

I still play in the dirt with my oldest son. We both have YZ250F's. I finally got out yesterday for a couple of hours. It was a mudfest but it felt great to rip it up ! Clean up was almost as exhausting as riding.

I'm surprised by the number of dirt bike riders. Back in the 70's I had a Yamaha 400cc Enduro. Bought it as something I could ride on the streets as well as the trails. Back then we used our bikes for deer hunting in the Big Horns in Wyoming. Then the summer of '78 I lived in Buffalo, WY and it really got a lot of use. I could get back into some really good trout streams with it.

I'm surprised by the number of dirt bike riders. Back in the 70's I had a Yamaha 400cc Enduro. Bought it as something I could ride on the streets as well as the trails. Back then we used our bikes for deer hunting in the Big Horns in Wyoming. Then the summer of '78 I lived in Buffalo, WY and it really got a lot of use. I could get back into some really good trout streams with it.

Zeb, Yes and to the sound barriers, Into alot of great mountain lakes.

I have wanted a big bore dual sport like the XR650L Honda or KLR650 Kawasaki for a long time. Then a person could ride to a hunting area and venture in off road and hunt or fish without leaving a pickup truck in plain site for the lazy folks to figure out where your hunting or fishing. Park the bike in the brush and off into paradise you go. Also a great scouting tool that could be a real joy to ride and scout on those nice days when a person had the time. Kind of killing two birds with one stone.

Back