More Bad News For Kansas

Those are the sad facts.

I also read that the LPC was getting ready to be put on the Threatened list. I think they were going to do it this year but delayed some things and had to be put in effect for 2014. Maynard would probably know if this is true, also Prairie Drifter (Troy) would most likely know as well! Sad day, when this happens but just like everything else that gets put on the list the money starts flowing and the future should be better for the Lesser Prairie Chicken. Doubt I will get one before they get put on the list. I had it on the bucket list!

pheasant stuff

surely looks like the road hunters out there are in serious trouble. i was amazed at just how far the decline in estimated hunter production had fallen. that's a bunch. however the study was done by the gov. so don't believe the gov. just when ya want to or because ya want to brood. last year wasn't great but the few who worked their butts off did see and shoot birds, i did quit well actually. lots of birds there were at least in n. w. kansas had a pretty great winter, this spring had moisture and weeds did grow. that's all a plus, i guess as old as iseem to be getting, i
m more optimistic than many of you. the haying report from a couple of days ago kinda bothers me and recent rains in much of my so called area have given some life to the area. anyway, the way i look at it the fat lady ain't got her vocal cords warmed up yet and just might not get a chance to sing. keep the faith bucko's

cheers

Bleu, the LPC listing has been pushed back 6 months by the feds. I don't remember what the date of the push was, but I think it was in the last 2 weeks.

Ouch that was not good news...............

Kansas Birds

Well ladies and gents, I don't know about you all but I am just going to keep chasing the dogs while they are chasing the birds.

Well ladies and gents, I don't know about you all but I am just going to keep chasing the dogs while they are chasing the birds.

It may not be a great season for bird numbers.
But I have two pretty good dogs that love to hunt, and we are going not matter what.

That's sorta my plan too. I have a pretty good setter too and I'm not getting any younger to boot, so I going some where. I didn't get to go last year for a pesky thing called the "C" word. Planning to try this year if it just becomes sight seeing! My dog wants it so badly! Today I went by a spot on the road that had tall dead grass like rye from last year. I saw her eyeing it closely and she'd have bailed out if the window was open. I said, "It looks like bird country doesn't it girl?", and her face took on that incredible look bird dogs get when they hear the B word. When I'm outside working all day in the yard and let her be out with me, even the neighbors tell me she never stops hunting, and she doesn't! It's a sight how we love 'em. Sorry for the rambling post! Just have to get it out every now and then.

Back