Low n Slow

southernblues

What can I say? I love to smoke/grill red meat. I have a problem.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1109102&l=08f9590d34&id=1058924414

photo.php

I've got 2 breasts thawing out right now that I'm gonna smoke tomorrow. Any special recipes you don't mind sharing?

Sure.

If these are traditional chicken breasts (thick and meaty) then butterfly them length-ways and "open it up." Inject your favorite stuffing...this could be a Thanksgiving recipe, stove top, or bagged-ready-to-go stuffing.

Put the breast back together and then wrap with THICK peppered bacon. I like to wrap several slices (one end of breast to the other) and then put in foil pan (the disposable weber kind) with apple cider vineager as a brine in bottom of pan. You can also LIGHTLY season the breast before the bacon with favorite rub, not required as bacon, stuffing and smoke will help with flavor.

Smoke them bad boys for 2-3 hrs at 200-225 (if using thermometer probe make sure it reads 145 in middle of breast cause it is thick) and your golden!

That sounds so good right now. I think I need food...

Sounds like good stuff guys

How about some home raised beef and venison steaks on the oak fire with bakes taters, mushrooms & onion's?

BBQ3-31-5.jpg

or some pan fried fresh Brook Trout and fried taters?

troutlimito7.jpg

troutcooking07.jpg

or chicken and pork country style ribs on the open oak and maple wood fire

chicken-n-ribs.jpg

Maybe some over roasted wild duck, home made stuffing, squash with butter and brown sugar, Cranberry's, home made bread and a slice of watermelon from my garden.

DuckDinner.jpg

I love to cook and enjoy a good time with friends. Maybe we should have a cookout/hunt in South Dakota this fall or maybe even southwest Mn. Sure would be fun to meet some of you guys and share some good food and a good time.

Last edited:
nice pics onpoint!

great idea -- maybe you fellow kansans would do the same? i know there are 6-8 of us around the south KC area.

I'm feeling a wild game feed coming on! We still have 15-20 phez in freezer.

DAMN!!!!!!! All I hear now is the dinner bell!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Dang Onpoint
I think I can smell the food threw the lap top. My dog even licked the screen when I showed him.
I would love to do a pot luck sometime. Put another post up when you are ready.

Will do, I have a good friend near Morgan Mn. Sometimes we stop there on our way to SoDak and spend some time. Maybe could put together a day of hunting and BBQing. WE can pencil it in and see how the fall goes and how my health holds up.

Onpoint

nice pics onpoint!

great idea -- maybe you fellow kansans would do the same? i know there are 6-8 of us around the south KC area.

While I don't have any wild game left in my freezer a few of my neighbors and I are going to get a permit and throw a block party. We'll smoke ribs, chicken, brisket and maybe a pork butt or shoulder. You my friend are more than welcome to attend. Oh yeah, we will be having adult beverages as well!! :thumbsup:

nice pics onpoint!

I frequent KC, does that count?

Whats in the Dutch Oven?

Good looking eats dare

Back