Kansas

WI ditch chicken

I was wondering if anyone would like to make a trip to kansas this fall. the season down there opens on November 13th. I would like to go for the opener I hear its kinda like gun season up here! Anyway let me know if your interested.

Scott Niemuth

This past january my brother and i went for 4 days left friday came back sunday it was the 2nd or 3rd weekend we plan on doing that again this year we went to Smithcenter and Phillipsburg. hunted WIHA's. We will be going back again in January. I would like to go once earlier but that is still up in the air i need to find some one to go with my brother had the wife tug on the leash.
not sure about that link I counted 11 people 12 if you include me. thats alot of people and thats just in june there would be alot more that would want to go later.
Anyway Im sure it would be fun we did it cheap last year $300 each. included gas food and motel. let me know if you have anything else.

Scott

You can count me in, at least for the Lunch or the dinner.

You can count me in, at least for the Lunch or the dinner.

Good. I think that's about all anyone is/should commit to at this point. That's all I'm really interested is meeting everyone and hunting with a few. Don't know who or exactly where yet...plan to just figure it out that day.

boy this thing is getting more popular as we go on maybe it will turn into a weekend thing after all but for sure GSP is the center of this as it was he who was looking for someone to show him around and hunt with

Good. I think that's about all anyone is/should commit to at this point. That's all I'm really interested is meeting everyone and hunting with a few. Don't know who or exactly where yet...plan to just figure it out that day.

Is the date still mid January ?? if so I'm still in, I will heading out to Wakeney area either the 9th or 16th.

Yes Sir. I think we should leave it that way b/c only the real hunters are still hunting in January and frankly, they're the ones I'm most interested in meeting. January 15th is the date.

We only picked Dodge b/c there were a few people (myself, GSP, and CCB)already planned to be in the area that w/e. Dodge has some good food, lots of lodging, and is interesting from a historical perspective. There's a fair amount of WIHA there as well. I might have suggested Rush Center or someplace a bit more central, but I'm not sure there are many resturants in that neck of the woods. Besides, can't go to W KS w/o getting the hell out of Dodge at least once right?:rolleyes:

The location can change yearly if we decide to do it again.

Sounds like a fun time, I believe can plan a trip down there for a day :cheers:

After reading the posts I am interested. would like to meet some of the people from here and lunch and/or dinner would be good. I will talk to my brother and see what he thinks maybe we will be down for that but I really want to be in Kansas for the opener.

Scott

Would love to get in on this one myself!!! At least for the bullshoot over vittles, + the difficulties of late season rooster-chasin & some butt-freezing weather to boot just might call for a little extra nip! In January to weed out the riff-raff & meet the hard-core real-deal crew sounds good to me!!! :cheers:

Only slight problem for me on the hunting end of things is I'm a lab-lovin Son Of A Gun & it looks like I am heavily outnumbered by you pointer men - so guess I'll either have to find the lesser "flushing"-club members to hang with or hit the field with alone with just me & the pooch or whoever else I may happen to bring along, which is fine by me if it comes to that! I'll catch up with the rest of you & swap lies over small-town lunch buffet or the local pub by dark-thirty! :thumbsup:

You won't be the only Lab guy there!! :D

P.S. Lest anyone wonder what happened to the preacher or where he's coming from with some of my last post - I do love God with all my heart, love people dang near as much (after a lifetime of trying to figure out how to make that work - LOL) & I am not a drunk, liar or a slob. I was just exaggerating a little again for "The Great Maynard's" sake, when I heard he might actually be there...Some of us men of the cloth do like havin a little fun hangin with the boys & goofin off too, ya know. Don't anyone go gettin too straight & narrow on me now! :D

Glad to hear there will be at least one other flusher/Lab Guy among the crowd, so I won't feel like a lowly outcast among pointer finesse men! Look forward to meeting a bunch of class-act gentlemen & huntin-fools if you guys live up to half your UPH image!!! :thumbsup:

You plan to bring the DIESEL in your avatar I presume?

haha thats the one! He's gotten a little bigger since that picture. I mean how can you be mad at a dog that shows his red rocket for roosters??

12162_1268627470353_1069811575_848786_3378973_n.jpg

HHR,

My best friend is a preacher man too. He sure likes to cut up with us and have a good time. The meat packing environment is full of alcoholics, stoners, and men with very foul mouths. He takes it all in stride and gets in on the jokes that aren't extremely offensive. He's a very funny man and uses his ability to tolerate us to his advantage when trying to guide us to the light.........either way, you can cut up around me all day long and not be judged for it.

Spence,

That's funny right there! I getta hard on for em' too sometimes:rolleyes:

Glad to hear there will be at least one other flusher/Lab Guy among the crowd, so I won't feel like a lowly outcast among pointer finesse men! Look forward to meeting a bunch of class-act gentlemen & hunting-fools if you guys live up to half your UPH image!!! :thumbsup:

Make that two I'm bringing out our curly coat ret. along with a Pudel Pointer to see how they perform in the real environment compared to penned raised birds so it should be fun. :cheers:

After reading the posts I am interested. would like to meet some of the people from here and lunch and/or dinner would be good. I will talk to my brother and see what he thinks maybe we will be down for that but I really want to be in Kansas for the opener.

Scott

Let me figure out my funding for this year and if it is in the budget I am in. Do you have a dog? I would want to bring my lab if I would go. He is great with other dogs so that wont be a problem.

Would love to get in on this one myself!!! At least for the bullshoot over vittles, + the difficulties of late season rooster-chasin & some butt-freezing weather to boot just might call for a little extra nip! In January to weed out the riff-raff & meet the hard-core real-deal crew sounds good to me!!! :cheers:

Only slight problem for me on the hunting end of things is I'm a lab-lovin Son Of A Gun & it looks like I am heavily outnumbered by you pointer men - so guess I'll either have to find the lesser "flushing"-club members to hang with or hit the field with alone with just me & the pooch or whoever else I may happen to bring along, which is fine by me if it comes to that! I'll catch up with the rest of you & swap lies over small-town lunch buffet or the local pub by dark-thirty! :thumbsup:

My lab will be faithfully by my side and BROWN DOGS RULE. :D

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun.I would love to join in. Would bring at least 1 Wirehair and 1 English Pointer. Maybe another Wirehair have to see how he holds up this year still going strong at 10 years old.
Mike

Back