Kansas final 4 bound

Mixed emotions about tonight. On the one hand, GO BIG 12! On the other hand, I'm not sure I will ever hear the end of it if KU wins... So I guess either outcome will suit me just fine.:thumbsup:

On Weber... Yeah, I don't get it either. And his starting salary is supposedly higher than what they were paying Frank. The only thing I can think of is that his coaching style may be more palatable to the more conservative Alumni. But I would think pretty much any coach short of Bobby Knight would have accomplished the same thing.

I really liked our defense and blue collar mentality during Frank's tenure. I don't know a darn thing about Weber, but I hope he doesn't screw that up. And hopefully he will be able to keep players better than Frank. Every season I have wondered how much better the team would have been if some of the big name recruits had still been on the team.

Keeping my fingers crossed for our program!:cheers:

Toad, you shouldn't have to worry about high level recruits leaving Weber............ he probably won't get any. Remember he had a chance to get jacob pullen and sheron collins when he was at Illinois. Both Chicago area kids. Word has it he passed on pullen, and whiffed on collins. No offense, but I would think Illinois would be easier to recruit to than Manhatten. I didn't think Martin would be sucessfull after Huggie left. Man was I wrong. Martin got the program to where they could compete with KU most games. I think Self will beat Weber like a drum.

I am GLAD WEBER got fired from IL. the only reason he did good the first two years at Illinois is because of Bill Self's recruiting class after that he sucked :mad:

Who did you expect K-State to hire? They are not going to draw the calibur of coach the wildcat fans desire. They have had 2 of the best coaches in the nation in Frank and Huggins and could not keep them. The best coaches are simply not going to campaign for an opportunity in Manhattan. Weber was probably as good as they could get. Teams like Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc may be smaller colleges than KSU but are much more inviting for top name coach. As far as basketball goes, KSU ranks third in the state in the appeal catagory.

Who did you expect K-State to hire? They are not going to draw the calibur of coach the wildcat fans desire. They have had 2 of the best coaches in the nation in Frank and Huggins and could not keep them. The best coaches are simply not going to campaign for an opportunity in Manhattan. Weber was probably as good as they could get. Teams like Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc may be smaller colleges than KSU but are much more inviting for top name coach. As far as basketball goes, KSU ranks third in the state in the appeal catagory.

The presumably "most appealing job" at KU seems to be filled, and I'm not sure who is second. WSU? Washburn? I can't see how either of those would be more appealing than KSU. Returning an NCAA tournament team, sold out games, in a respected conference, at a school that's willing to spend some $$$. What's not to like?

I honestly expected them to make Underwood head coach unless they had a real home run. And I haven't talked to anybody yet who thinks Weber was a good idea, so I am a bit puzzled. At this point I guess we just have to hope for the best.

Except that they almost stopped themselves in the second half. It looked like they put it on cruise control. They scored 41 in the first half and less than 30 in the second.

Wichita State. They have been as good as K-State in recent years. Until K-State replaces their AD look for them to continue going thru coaches.

If KU would have finished all the bunnies they had game could have gone the other way. Everyone wants to say that UK slowed down in second half, Ku had a little to do with that. UK shot 20% in second half. Davis was 2-10 in the game, but dominated defensive boards which cost us the game. If Withey would have been a little stronger.................. Oh well win will be vacated in a couple years as with all of Calipari's final fours, and he will be off to the NBA again.

I realize no top name would come to K-state, but they would have been better served with a young guy wanting a chance. Frank Martin's only head coaching experience was as a high school coach and he was phenomenal. Even if weber is successfull at k-state, which is doubtfull, he will only be here for 3 years or less. Currie only hired him because he supposedly is squeaky clean, which seems to be curries obsession. Hopefully he doesn't set k-state basketball back too much.

wow what a game. I think withey and reliford were the stars last night. Withey pretty much marginalized their big man. He had 7 blocks, 2 on one play. Ohio State couldn't match Relifords energy. I love when the " experts" have picked against kansas this year. They said Craft would eat Taylors lunch. Didn't appear that way to me. He managed 9 assists, and Craft made some critical errors with shot selection and driving too deep. Kentucky is good. If KU can play with that toughness the entire game, they have a shot. Ku 68-64 in a nail biter.

Ps. K-state guys good luck with Webber. I don't get that for a hire. I think they could have done better. Makes no sense to run Frank to hire Webber.

We're gonna need tons of luck with Weber, especially considering Underwood is likely gone. We need to get an assistant with a plethora of recruiting ties for sure. Back to mediocrity at best... I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

We're gonna need tons of luck with Weber, especially considering Underwood is likely gone. We need to get an assistant with a plethora of recruiting ties for sure. Back to mediocrity at best... I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

I heard today that it will be a clean sweep of the old staff, even the behind-the-scenes types. Sounds like some of them are following Frank, and the ones tied to Manhattan are just out of a job.:(

I understand that a new head coach has the authority to do that, but I can't understand why it would be a good idea in this case.

Anyway, it sounds like Underwood and most of the others are following Frank.:(

Back