Kansas final 4 bound

carptom1

Wow nothing finer than sending old Roy back home after losing to KU again. No way Bill Self should have got this collection to the finals. I think they can beat Ohio State, but no way he beats the crook Calipari and his paid pros. Self lost 4 starters last year and had two transfers deemed ineligible. Nice job.

I'm not a KU fan by any means, but I definitely root all BIG 12 when it comes to tournaments and non-conference games.

I say don't count them out yet! Who woulda thunk they could hang in a shoot-out with Roy, but they looked very comfortable doing it for the first half until they finally decided to play some D in the second half.

Too bad for Baylor.:( That was tough to watch.

Somebody's gotta win the tournament, might as well be KU at this point. Of course, "somebody's gotta win it", was my arguement for picking KSU all the way in my bracket.:eek:

No matter what happens, KU fans should thank their lucky stars to have a coach like Self. Pretty impressive run for a "rebuilding year".:rolleyes:

I'm not a KU fan by any means, but I definitely root all BIG 12 when it comes to tournaments and non-conference games.

I say don't count them out yet! Who woulda thunk they could hang in a shoot-out with Roy, but they looked very comfortable doing it for the first half until they finally decided to play some D in the second half.

Too bad for Baylor.:( That was tough to watch.

Somebody's gotta win the tournament, might as well be KU at this point. Of course, "somebody's gotta win it", was my arguement for picking KSU all the way in my bracket.:eek:

No matter what happens, KU fans should thank their lucky stars to have a coach like Self. Pretty impressive run for a "rebuilding year".:rolleyes:

+1 KU had not looked good till this game in the tourney.

The KU team that played N.C. State seemed to be a different team than who played N.C. What a difference. A big edge is what a great halftime coach Self is.

I'll never root for KU, ever. Unless they're playing Roy Williams, I hate that guy.

:)

I hate williams too, i'm sure for a different reason. Unlike you, when ku is out, I pull for k-state. I even was pulling for Baylor yesterday. The only big twelve teams I truly hated were Mu, Nebraska, and UT in that order.

I hate williams too, i'm sure for a different reason. Unlike you, when ku is out, I pull for k-state. I even was pulling for Baylor yesterday. The only big twelve teams I truly hated were Mu, Nebraska, and UT in that order.

All in good fun of course. :)

I'll never root for KU, ever. Unless they're playing Roy Williams, I hate that guy.

:)

Same here they gave good ol'Roy his Champion when they played the Illini

KState has lost their last 2 coaches. And both are without a doubt, two of the best in the nation. Maybe they need a new AD. Can't believe he would not include Frank in the suspension of a player. KState fans should run that AD out of town. For someone reason, he has a problem with basketball having equal success with football. And to be honest, the basketball program is probably stronger than football right now. Snyder beat 1 ranked opponent last year by 1 point and got an ass kicking in their bowl game. I just don't think you can measure success by wins inside the big 12. Their schedule is extremely weak in football.

KState has lost their last 2 coaches. And both are without a doubt, two of the best in the nation. Maybe they need a new AD. Can't believe he would not include Frank in the suspension of a player. KState fans should run that AD out of town. For someone reason, he has a problem with basketball having equal success with football. And to be honest, the basketball program is probably stronger than football right now. Snyder beat 1 ranked opponent last year by 1 point and got an ass kicking in their bowl game. I just don't think you can measure success by wins inside the big 12. Their schedule is extremely weak in football.

I would have to agree for the most part. John Currie (KSU's AD) reminds me a lot of Scott Pioli in that he wants to be in command and have final say in nearly every aspect of managing the department. Sure, the guy can raise a hell of a lot of money (only second to UT last year I believe, and that's Texas which is a given), but what are you going to do with it when you can't retain coaches?

I guarantee he focuses most of his power trip on the basketball program because it would be ridiculous to try to question or go over Snyder's head, who is recognized as a legend not only in the conference, but in the nation as well.

Hate to see frank go; hopefully Currie follows suit.

Currie wasn't even the AD when Huggins left. I'm not sure anyone could have prevented that.

As for Martin, I have mixed feelings about him leaving. The only difference between a coach who is "fiery and intense" and "abusive and bullying" is a few extra wins. Just ask Mangino. There's no doubt in my mind that KSU underperformed this year--we lost to OU twice! On the other hand, we have him and Huggins to thank for returning us to relevance in the conference. Hope we can find a decent replacement.

Back to the original subject--GO BUCKEYES!

Currie wasn't even the AD when Huggins left. I'm not sure anyone could have prevented that.

As for Martin, I have mixed feelings about him leaving. The only difference between a coach who is "fiery and intense" and "abusive and bullying" is a few extra wins. Just ask Mangino. There's no doubt in my mind that KSU underperformed this year--we lost to OU twice! On the other hand, we have him and Huggins to thank for returning us to relevance in the conference. Hope we can find a decent replacement.

Back to the original subject--GO BUCKEYES!

Wow....K-State and relevance in the same sentence. Who would have thunk it.

Funny... and sadly true, especially over the last 20-25 years.

When's football season start?

Some people don't like Franks style. But they weren't complaining when he rose to the top last season. In a down year and they all second guess you. My coaching style is much the same as Frank's. Every year a parent complains. But in the banner years you seldom hear a word.

HEY NOW!!! KSU IS relevant in basketball AND football!

But yeah, whoda thunk it even in the recent past... I was a student when Asbury was basketball coach and have had season tickets ever since. I had womens season tickets too back when the women had more fans than the men at their home games.... But enough about the "glory days"...:rolleyes:

Football in the top 25, and a dangerous basketball team, it's a good time to be a Wildcat!

I have mixed emotions about the whole Frank deal. There were many times when he honestly looked defeated on the sidelines this season, like his heart just wasn't in it anymore. At the time I thought he had just calmed down a lot, but I think he had made up his mind that he was outta here ASAP. Lots of people are badmouthing him now, but I greatly appreciate what his teams were able to accomplish and I would still thank him for making KSU relevant in basketball again. I hope he is happy in SC and has a successful team that loses to KSU if we ever meet up in the future.:cheers:

I think the future looks bright. There isn't any reason to think that Frank's replacement can't have success also.

But back to the original thread... Good luck to KU in the final four. The next two games are going to be tough ones. Better hope that Tyshawn has his head on straight, and everybody on the team plays their best ball of the season!:cheers:

wow what a game. I think withey and reliford were the stars last night. Withey pretty much marginalized their big man. He had 7 blocks, 2 on one play. Ohio State couldn't match Relifords energy. I love when the " experts" have picked against kansas this year. They said Craft would eat Taylors lunch. Didn't appear that way to me. He managed 9 assists, and Craft made some critical errors with shot selection and driving too deep. Kentucky is good. If KU can play with that toughness the entire game, they have a shot. Ku 68-64 in a nail biter.

Ps. K-state guys good luck with Webber. I don't get that for a hire. I think they could have done better. Makes no sense to run Frank to hire Webber.

Back