Introducing my new Dog

Juliusvatalaro

This is "Tess" CH Almaden's Timber Ridge Tess. She is just a sweetheart. She is a two year old female. She can run like the wind.

Absolutely regal! Congrats.

Thanks guy's. This my 3rd brittany. I used to raise Labs years ago. There's nothing like pheasant hunt'n with your dog. Oh and wife also.

Julius

Very nice!!!!! :coolpics::coolpics::10sign::cheers:

Wonderful another Brittany. I have a pair and I love them. I wish I could get out and just walk the fields with them more.......Bob

NICE!!:thumbsup:

I have had her since she was a pup. There were only 3 in the litter. The stipulation in me getting her was that I would put her in shows and trial her. So far Ed is very happy with her. I have her at home till July 7th when she goes to Montana to finish her. It's tough when she is away. Are you in the field trial circuit?

I have had her since she was a pup. There were only 3 in the litter. The stipulation in me getting her was that I would put her in shows and trial her. So far Ed is very happy with her. I have her at home till July 7th when she goes to Montana to finish her. It's tough when she is away. Are you in the field trial circuit?

Julius, what type of trials are you running her in? And who do you have finishing her in Montana?

Sort of. My dog is on a pro's string 6 months of the year. Like you, we don't leave her with the trainer year round. Our pup is with the trainer 6 months of the year, and with us 6 months of the year. I just got done roading her off my bike about an hour ago to keep her in shape for summer camp. We will drop her off 4th of July weekend for camp in SD. She runs as a GD in the Fall and Sring, and I foot hunt with her during the winter. Sounds like our dogs are close to the same age. My pup turns 3 in June.

When we got our pup we just wanted a hunting dog for me. We sent her off to the trainer for camp in SD and to run a few derby trials. Next thing you know where flying all over the midwest and the east coast to watch her run. Its an addicting sport... VERY addicting. :D

It looks like your pup has done well as a derby, are you going to run her as an adult?

BTW.. We are talking about AKC/AF trials.

Last edited:
Dakotazeb

Tess competes in AKC/AF trials mostly west and midwest. Ed Tillson of Tequila Kennels is the prof. handler. Jessica Carlson is the prof. show handler.

JetJockey

Tess just turned 2 this month. The circuit she is in goes to New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and I think Texas. I try to chacth up with them during the trials. Usually she spends July and August in Montana with Ed training and then they trial Oct and Nov. Then I take her back. She starts all over again in Jan and she is done by the first of April. It's about 6 months on the road. Ed said he will train her to be steady to wing and shot. She will either be open all age or gun dog. He will have to she how she runs. I have not hunted with her yet so I am anxious to see how she handles in Nov.

Dakotazeb
JetJockey

Tess just turned 2 this month. The circuit she is in goes to New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri and I think Texas. I try to chacth up with them during the trials. Usually she spends July and August in Montana with Ed training and then they trial Oct and Nov. Then I take her back. She starts all over again in Jan and she is done by the first of April. It's about 6 months on the road. Ed said he will train her to be steady to wing and shot. She will either be open all age or gun dog. He will have to she how she runs. I have not hunted with her yet so I am anxious to see how she handles in Nov.

Sounds like our time schedules are almost exactly the same. I think you will be very happy hunting over her. They adjust pretty quickly from a horseback dog to a foot dog. Our dogs will see eachother during the circuit, heck, they might even run against eachother. My dog has been running in OGD since she was 20 months. My trainer runs against Ed pretty often. My pup ran the southern circuit this spring in GA, Bama, Oklahoma and Texas (our pups were at some of the same trials in OK and TX), and then she moved north to run in the Prairie States SD Championship in Missouri, and then up to Ohio. In the fall our trainers hit most of the same big AA trials (Chicken, Quail, and Pheasant) and the ABC Shooting Dog Championship. Looks like Ed was in TN this year for the Music City trial (thats where Ill pick my dog up, unless something crazy happens). Im sure Ill see you on a horse some time chasing dogs. Good luck with her. Shes pretty.

Last edited:
Who's your trainer? I have found that there are some great folks at these trials. My wife and I really enjoy spending time with all the good people. I really enjoy riding their gated horses. Which dog is yours?

Back