I Took the Plunge

dc240nt

Finally, after two years of tire kicking, I purchased a Benelli M2 20ga. I took my wife to Scheels and showed her the gun and let her handle it a bit, then I took her out for supper. While eating I shared the many wonderful reasons to own such a gun, fully expounding on the many glorious things that would fall to its wonder, the food offered to our family. Her response was that If I took her to Yankee Candle and bought her a candle, I could then buy the gun. So, for the cost of a $27.00 candle, I have my new Shotgun! :cheers:

Sidenote: Them candles are priced outragously high!!

Finally, after two years of tire kicking, I purchased a Benelli M2 20ga. I took my wife to Scheels and showed her the gun and let her handle it a bit, then I took her out for supper. While eating I shared the many wonderful reasons to own such a gun, fully expounding on the many glorious things that would fall to its wonder, the food offered to our family. Her response was that If I took her to Yankee Candle and bought her a candle, I could then buy the gun. So, for the cost of a $27.00 candle, I have my new Shotgun! :cheers:

Well done. Nice wife.

Definitely got screwed on the candle!!!!!LOL:cheers:

I have a Montefeltro 20ga, you will like that little light weight 20. Enjoy it

Good idea!!! What was the Restaurants name? I need every angle...:D

Resturant was Grizzlies in the Bismark mall.
LOL @ Dustin, I dont want to take your wife either, I can hardly handle my own...:thumbsup:

So when the candle burns out, do you have go and get her another one ??

and if so will she let you buy an SBE II this is time ?? :eek:

when I buy a new gun I never tell the wfe. I just sneak it in the house will all sorts of ther assorted hunting gear that she doesn't want to look at!

If I tell her about it she might nix the deal and that's no fun, or she might pull a similar bargain and that costs me twice!

sneaky is better.

Have looked at the M2 and wondered what kind of kick it had vs a heavier gun? /did you do a comparison before you bought the Benelli?

when i out smarted my wife! (yea right)

i had been kicking the tires on a new gun purchase. my wife probly tired of listening to me:D said that whatever i spent on a gun she would spend on jewlery:cool:. i said fine it sounded like a fair deal to me:thumbsup:. benelli had just came out with the super black eagle 2 so thats what i proudy brought home:D. then she springs her trap:eek:!!!!!!!!!!! she pulls out the MENARDS ADD and we go shopping:(! i had a honey dooo list that lasted quite a while.

Back