I like this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my health care letter guess what IT WENT UP:eek: They'll take 10% of if a send the questions back and I quilify:thumbsup:

They didn't have time to read the health care bill. But by God they got all day to worry about the important stuff Gays, abortion, steriods in sports and so on.

Federal Law Once Required Purchase of Guns

i agree with him.

Actually federal law at one time required the purchase of guns by individuals. The second militia act of 1792 was passed by Congress and signed into law. It required all members of state militias to have certain weapons and ammunition and to purchase them if necessary to meet the requirements of the law: A musket, bayonet and belt, two spare flints, a cartridge box with 24 bullets, and a knapsack; men owning rifles were required to provide a powder horn, 1/4 pound of gun powder, 20 rifle balls, a shooting pouch, and a knapsack. Government mandates go waaaaaaaaaaay back.

Last edited:
I had thought about starting up a towing business here, but i didnt start because of this health care. it could hurt me and put me farther in debt for that reason. So i didnt pursue the business yet.

Small business owners can now get up to a $3500.00 tax credit -- that's a dollar for dollar substraction from the amount of income tax you or your company owes, not a deduction --for health insurance premiums paid for you and your employees.

Last edited:
So how is Obamacare going to help anyone starting a business???
If you are working a menial job just for insurance benefits you are not brilliant. You do not have any good ideas either. How about a little fortitude and additude. Tremendous work effort will get you well beyond a menial job. Sorry, but you are off 180 degrees.

The $3500.00 tax credit (not deduction) for employee health insurance is some help.

Last edited:
Good to hear some logical responses on this thread. While there are MANY variables and externalities that contribute to our clusterf#@k that is healthcare, in my opinion, there is one singular conflict of interest at heart: Health insurance companies are FOR PROFIT. They will continue to scam people until a better system is devised which I believe is happening. At least we have a start.

Amen. If I were the king of the USA, there would be no such thing as a health insurance company nor a for profit hospital.

Amen. If I were the king of the USA, there would be no such thing as a health insurance company nor a for profit hospital.

Amen brother!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about all that onpoint. My wife & I, and my 6 year old daughter were all balling 2 weeks ago when my 15 week old baby girl was rushed by ambulance to childrens hospital. We didn't know what was going to happen, we were very scared. Thankfully, things worked out. I see no reason why you would be turned away, heck, look at all the illegal immigrants and so on getting free health care.

All the money/aid we give to other countries, it's something else, isn't it? Were a country 14 trillion dollars in debt and continue to just give money away. Always having to bail out other countries, in many ways.............. These politicians need a good ass kickin. The ones that just make up all these damn regulations and don't have to live with the consequences themselves.

That could be a slippery slope. The same thing could be said about food producers maybe they should be not for profit? What about utilities? Home builders, does every one not have a right to shelter. I have no problem with companies making money. If there was so much money in it everyone would be opening a insurance company. Health insurance companies do not have that high of a percentage of profit.

So how is Obamacare going to help anyone starting a business???
If you are working a menial job just for insurance benefits you are not brilliant. You do not have any good ideas either. How about a little fortitude and additude. Tremendous work effort will get you well beyond a menial job. Sorry, but you are off 180 degrees.

Funny how the Health Care book came out and several senates said how in the world you want us to pass this law and not give us time to read it? After several more days. there was a suggested law to take place, if one person fails to obtain health care, they were to be fined 10,000 or jail OR both.

Got my health care letter guess what IT WENT UP:eek: They'll take 10% of if a send the questions back and I quilify:thumbsup:

They didn't have time to read the health care bill. But by God they got all day to worry about the important stuff Gays, abortion, steriods in sports and so on.

I agree 100%... my wife's dad is a retired postal worker. he was worried that his medical was going to go down and not cover anything or even take it away from him and tell him he has to start paying out of his own pocket.

Small business owners can now get up to a $3500.00 tax credit -- that's a dollar for dollar substraction from the amount of income tax you or your company owes, not a deduction --for health insurance premiums paid for you and your employees.

I dont remember seeing that when i talked to my lawyer about starting a business. he said you will be mandate to have health care and it could cost any where over 20,000.00 a year espeically towing is a high risk job. No where did he say that health care would be tax credit. in that case. Everyone would be scrambling to start a business.. EVEN THE MEXICANS!! wait.. our tax dollars pay for their health care even though they are here illegally. But by law, we have to treat even our hostile terrorist, we can NOT refuse treatment. BUt once done, the INS can deport their ass. but who pays for the bill? WE DO!

The $3500.00 tax credit (not deduction) for employee health insurance is some help.

I would argue with you on this. Where is the fact of this?

Sorry to hear about all that onpoint. My wife & I, and my 6 year old daughter were all balling 2 weeks ago when my 15 week old baby girl was rushed by ambulance to childrens hospital. We didn't know what was going to happen, we were very scared. Thankfully, things worked out. I see no reason why you would be turned away, heck, look at all the illegal immigrants and so on getting free health care.

All the money/aid we give to other countries, it's something else, isn't it? Were a country 14 trillion dollars in debt and continue to just give money away. Always having to bail out other countries, in many ways.............. These politicians need a good ass kickin. The ones that just make up all these damn regulations and don't have to live with the consequences themselves.

sorry about your child. its every parents worst nightmare. I have heard people been turned away because they have NO insurance and are afraid to lose the money they put into the patient. That should be a crime for the hospital to refuse service. ive heard of several death due to people who have NO insurance and died. Family memebers tried to sue, but apparently dr's lawyers are paid top dollars to dig up the low place people and use it against them in court say like bad credit and overwhelming proof of collection debts proving they could not pay for the service.

still its the drs that make it unbelieveable to get treatment. one day they say.. oh 30.00 a visit is good enough.. next they know the fuel prices go up, or their golf membership price goes up.. oh lets raise it now 75.00 a visit.

I mean farming is a business wise.. but not every farmer can afford this bc fuel prices are nearing 4.00 a gal, parts for machines are going up bc of the fuel prices, new machines arent cheap. a 1995 Chevy Diesel truck could be 25-28K for a new one back in 1995-1996. now a 2011 Chevy Diesel runs over 45K...

they arent worried about the debt, they know OUR kids will be paying for it years to come.

That could be a slippery slope. The same thing could be said about food producers maybe they should be not for profit? What about utilities? Home builders, does every one not have a right to shelter. I have no problem with companies making money. If there was so much money in it everyone would be opening a insurance company. Health insurance companies do not have that high of a percentage of profit.

my wife and i want to build our dream house.. two years ago when we thought okay lets doing it, the house estimate came to be 140K... we can afford that, but since i switched jobs, i put that on hold. Now recently we asked for it again but they said they had to re-do the estimate. 179K is now the price for the same damn sq ft and material. it went up 39K bc of the price of material went up. apparently they need more money for labor and fuel and of course, HEALTH CARE INSURANCE!

Last edited:
Best of luck to you in dealing with your health problems and the health care industry, Onpoint.

What we have in place is clearly not working and it's getting worse for people just like you.

The ironic thing in all this is that despite the fox news/ultra right rhetoric to the contrary, the "democrats" pushed through a REPUBLICAN plan.

Democrats have always favored a single payer system--analagous to medicare for all--with much heavier and direct government involvment.

It was republicans that fought against such single payer plans, arguing for required purchase of private insurance--claiming that private business can run things better than the government, but ONLY IF it was mandatory to buy in.

Republicans argued for "must issue" regulation on the insurance companies; Republicans argued for competition across state lines to help lower premiums through good old fashioned competition; republicans who said that it would be more efficient to have private companies deliver insurance and health care than the government.

More and more health care is becoming a non-partisan issue as people like onpoint or others familiar with the massive problems our current system see the impacts first hand.

the public option will be paid for by those gainfully employed, those without jobs will get the same quality of care that those who work and pay for theirs' do......by gawd that is fair eh? welcome to Communism, where misery is shared equally by all.

the public option will be paid for by those gainfully employed, those without jobs will get the same quality of care that those who work and pay for theirs' do......by gawd that is fair eh? welcome to Communism, where misery is shared equally by all.

94, health is not some materialistic thing, without it the result can be death. I see no communism in that. Pretty tough for those sick and fighting for their life, to always be gainfully employed.

94, health is not some materialistic thing, without it the result can be death. I see no communism in that. Pretty tough for those sick and fighting for their life, to always be gainfully employed.

well, i hope you and your kids will enjoy being told by this government that they will be required to "buy" something just because they are alive.

..repression begins just this way, only those foolish enough to paint this as humanitarian in nature, will eventually find their real rights diminished forever....think about it...the right way to deal with this issue was to find a solution for the 30 million uninsured, not trash benefits that the other 320 million were mostly satisfied with......government bureaucrats will decide the amount of rationed care you will receive, i hope you will be satisfied with their decision and the value they attach to your life! :eek:

Funny how the Health Care book came out and several senates said how in the world you want us to pass this law and not give us time to read it? After several more days. there was a suggested law to take place, if one person fails to obtain health care, they were to be fined 10,000 or jail OR both.

I agree 100%... my wife's dad is a retired postal worker. he was worried that his medical was going to go down and not cover anything or even take it away from him and tell him he has to start paying out of his own pocket.

I dont remember seeing that when i talked to my lawyer about starting a business. he said you will be mandate to have health care and it could cost any where over 20,000.00 a year espeically towing is a high risk job. No where did he say that health care would be tax credit. in that case. Everyone would be scrambling to start a business.. EVEN THE MEXICANS!! wait.. our tax dollars pay for their health care even though they are here illegally. But by law, we have to treat even our hostile terrorist, we can NOT refuse treatment. BUt once done, the INS can deport their ass. but who pays for the bill? WE DO!

I would argue with you on this. Where is the fact of this?

sorry about your child. its every parents worst nightmare. I have heard people been turned away because they have NO insurance and are afraid to lose the money they put into the patient. That should be a crime for the hospital to refuse service. ive heard of several death due to people who have NO insurance and died. Family memebers tried to sue, but apparently dr's lawyers are paid top dollars to dig up the low place people and use it against them in court say like bad credit and overwhelming proof of collection debts proving they could not pay for the service.

still its the drs that make it unbelieveable to get treatment. one day they say.. oh 30.00 a visit is good enough.. next they know the fuel prices go up, or their golf membership price goes up.. oh lets raise it now 75.00 a visit.

I mean farming is a business wise.. but not every farmer can afford this bc fuel prices are nearing 4.00 a gal, parts for machines are going up bc of the fuel prices, new machines arent cheap. a 1995 Chevy Diesel truck could be 25-28K for a new one back in 1995-1996. now a 2011 Chevy Diesel runs over 45K...

they arent worried about the debt, they know OUR kids will be paying for it years to come.

my wife and i want to build our dream house.. two years ago when we thought okay lets doing it, the house estimate came to be 140K... we can afford that, but since i switched jobs, i put that on hold. Now recently we asked for it again but they said they had to re-do the estimate. 179K is now the price for the same damn sq ft and material. it went up 39K bc of the price of material went up. apparently they need more money for labor and fuel and of course, HEALTH CARE INSURANCE!

Sorry, my old mind converted 35% into $3500.00. Small businesses can take as a tax credit 35% of the health insurance premiums they pay for their employees effective for tax year 2010 and going forward. In 2014 the percentage rises to 50%. The actual amount of the credit can be far greater than $3500.00. Go to www.irs.gov and click on the link "Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions" for all the details and some examples of how HUGE the tax credit can be.

Last edited:
Sorry, my old mind converted 35% into $3500.00. Small businesses can take as a tax credit 35% of the health insurance premiums they pay for their employees effective for tax year 2010 and going forward. In 2014 the percentage rises to 50%. The actual amount of the credit can be far greater than $3500.00. Go to www.irs.gov.newsroom/article/0,,id=223666,00.html for all the details and some examples of how HUGE the tax credit can be.

It should be 100%....... It is a cost of living not? I have been self employed for 0ver 20 years and never had coverage. Untill the wife got the management job.
I pay double SS and that sucks as now they took away from that and are trying to sink that plan, Repubs.. Did you fellas know about the % taken away on SS?? another snow ball job. Hope it's here in 20 years or they can give me every red cent back my sorry ass paid. If not I will join the revolt.:D Coarse thats why they will also keep trying to take your gun away.:D
If you get sick you can kiss your SS check good by any way, they have that one figured out too. Then theres the "Estate" withholdings if you are not well planned on an inheritance. Why is it that Grandpa who paid in all this time working his back to a crawl, gets sick, so they grab all his assets,SS and savings. Thats a legal crime to me. Its funny when you see how many farms your local nursing home has gotten and sold. You better get stuff out of your folks names when they age if you don't know all those Money grabs yet. That dam care shold cost a man like him on his death bed "Nothing" He paid his whole dam life. And paid Property tax all his life only to have the feds have there hand out when he left it to "you"! "WHY" it has been paid for over and over in many ways. It is the kings land now, we are his slaves, he gives us are fun and freedom sure to keep us at bay. But steals from you every where you look. This is our country! we love, we have to take it back I guess. After all the Constitution says so. But it is confusing as to who this king is? it seems to simply be a huge pile of paper.... "BURN IT!!!" and start over. they should be able to handel that in a few days.

Last edited:
It should be 100%....... It is a cost of living not? I have been self employed for 0ver 20 years and never had coverage. Untill the wife got the management job.
I pay double SS and that sucks as now they took away from that and are trying to sink that plan, Repubs.. Did you fellas know about the % taken away on SS?? another snow ball job. Hope it's here in 20 years or they can give me every red cent back my sorry ass paid. If not I will join the revolt.:D Coarse thats why they will also keep trying to take your gun away.:D
If you get sick you can kiss your SS check good by any way, they have that one figured out too. Then theres the "Estate" withholdings if you are not well planned on an inheritance. Why is it that Grandpa who paid in all this time working his back to a crawl, gets sick, so they grab all his assets,SS and savings. Thats a legal crime to me. Its funny when you see how many farms your local nursing home has gotten and sold. You better get stuff out of your folks names when they age if you don't know all those Money grabs yet. That dam care shold cost a man like him on his death bed "Nothing" He paid his whole dam life. And paid Property tax all his life only to have the feds have there hand out when he left it to "you"! "WHY" it has been paid for over and over in many ways. It is the kings land now, we are his slaves, he gives us are fun and freedom sure to keep us at bay. But steals from you every where you look. This is our country! we love, we have to take it back I guess. After all the Constitution says so. But it is confusing as to who this king is? it seems to simply be a huge pile of paper.... "BURN IT!!!" and start over. they should be able to handel that in a few days.

FC, that may be the finest post you have ever posted on this site:10sign:

One problem I've heard about the price of healthcare from doctors, nurses and the people in the business side of things in a hospital is that medicare and medicaid will pay for it, and so will insurance, so they jack up the prices. I'm not arguing that the old system is right by any means. Especially for people put out of work or having a pre-existing condition. I agree these need to be changed. I know Iowa has some laws in effect that allow you to retain your current insurance for up to at least 1 year of being unemployed, but of course that means higher premiums. Iowa also has plans, albeit they are not well known (even by people working for DHS) that will cover you if you have health problems and cannot get insurance or cannot afford the insurance. Something is going to have to happen, because the fact that some people are covered and others can't get anything is BS, but I don't like a plan that no one had time to read and see what other crap was thrown in to this new bill. I did hear last night and have no proof further than what I heard from a talk show, that when this federal court judge in Florida ruled this new law unconstitutional, he included something in there that only a Judge or Judges higher ranking than him can overturn it. It basically made this whole new law void in all the states.

Why the heck can't we look into and copy what Canada does. They look at you like your a wierdo when you ask them how much a hospital bill cost. Then reply "Nothing"

Amen, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back