Hunter shows up with assault shotgun on your hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is simple and straightforward:

A hunter should be able to choose the weapon he likes without being "put down" or "condemned" for it.

I bring up the 2nd Amendment because it's an easy rule to follow:

Pick up a weapon you like and arm yourself with it.

Just respect the weapon and the others you hunt with and that should be sufficient.

weap·on (wpn)
n.
1. An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.

weapon [ˈwɛpən]
n
1. (Military / Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) (Military / Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) an object or instrument used in fighting

I'm going to try and put this in the utmost way, not meaning to offend you in any way. The tradition of upland bird hunting somehow looses something to me when folk refer to their shotgun as a weapon. Then that weapon is that of a assault style. I'm not in the field to take the beaches of Normandy. I'm out there to enjoy what my father and grandfather enjoyed. a day among sights and smells of a Indian summer fall day with a traditional fine made bird gun . Somehow BDU's, shinny black combat boots and a assault shotgun just doesn't fit into the picture for me. again that's just me. If the Mods only see this thread continuing to go south. Feel free to do as you see fit with it. we don't need fuel for any unrest on the forum's.

Guns, Arms, Weapons: There is some overlap in definitions depending on the application - I certainly can settle on the constitutional term of "arms".

This forum should be for the respectful exchange of differing ideas and opinions. I see little in this thread that departs from what I see as a decent discussion of an issue. Just because there may be disagreements does not mean there is an "argument".

I support almost all of the great traditional values of the pheasant hunt. I just did not like the initial implications of the thread that seemed to suggest that because of the look and perhaps shell capacity of these "arms", that they were not "worthy" to be in "pheasant country".

Gentlemen, pick your arms(or guns, if you prefer).

The next act of oneupsmanship (made that word up) will be me or another mod shutting this topic down. Comment on the guns used from the original post or any other type of "device" you use to hunt with and refrain from the political bull crap. We all know the law, we all love to hunt. Trying to be smarter or act smarter than each other will not change the way any of us see things or do things. 'nuff said...:mad:

Last edited:
JMc, I whole heartly agree with you Sir. Do as you see fit with the thread. It's kind of got off track and I don't think it's going to get back on by the way it looks.

Onpoint

WOW how fast a funny post turns into a spelling war with meanings and such and without fail godforbid anybody make a simple mistake maybe there are just to many perfectionists around :confused::confused:

It's not a "spelling war". It's a reading and comprehension issue. Misunderstanding what the Constitution says is not a simple issue.

If you're going to quote law, mistaking one word for another will get you in a world of hurt.

The second amendment does not guarantee the right to open carry, but if you cannot read and comprehend, you might think so.

Go ahead, open carry in most places and see what happens to you.

You can quote that right to "bare" to the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back