Hosting New Hunter

David just gave you the same safety talk I give to guys I am guiding at the game farms. Most of them only hunt once or twice a year. I used to say if you shoot my dog it is 10K now I get more than that per litter so I might need to up the cost of shooting my dog. No bird is worth a dag, an eye, a human life, etc. Dangerous things happen when people get rushed, keep things slow and methodical for new hunters is the one thing I will add to the discussion.

Good reason to have a dog that’s steady to wing, shot, and fall.
Good reason to have a dog that’s steady to wing, shot, and fall.
That’s all well and good-and a good point—
But—it still all comes down to—mussel-muzzle- muzzle control —guns up-blue sky between bird and ground-safeties on until gun on shoulder-

Example-sad one-
Good friend of mine-hunting his own land—friend of his brought a friend!!
My friend had pointer—dog on point-idiot approach point-muzzle down-safety—(apparently off) as bird flushed triggered off shot killing dog on point—while bringing gun up——-

I have a fiend guides at a game farm had the bill shot off his hat while on his head .By a newby One dog killed shooting at a rooster on the ground.

That’s all well and good-and a good point—
But—it still all comes down to—mussel-muzzle- muzzle control —guns up-blue sky between bird and ground-safeties on until gun on shoulder-

Example-sad one-
Good friend of mine-hunting his own land—friend of his brought a friend!!
My friend had pointer—dog on point-idiot approach point-muzzle down-safety—(apparently off) as bird flushed triggered off shot killing dog on point—while bringing gun up——-
David, that is tragic! I would have a hard time not beating the guy with his own gun!

Back