Heading to South Dakota

There is a guy about 15 minutes from Miller that let's guys hunt.Very religious catholic guy.I don't think he allows hunting in Sunday. We just knocked on his door, great hunting! We left him a 6 pack. South of Miller I think.

Nice looking weim ! Curious about training ?
Navhda , akc or training but not testing?
We have a NAVHDA in San Diego, so I do most of my training with them. As far as testing she missed NA testing due to Covid rules in our area. She’s pretty close to being ready for UT testing now but I’m not sure if I am going to test her.
I really like where she’s at right now though.
I’m 1/3rd of the way to South Dakota. Picking up my son and his wife. We will continue tomorrow.
I think all the “characters” are still very active here!

Think I have met a judge , Fabian , from your chapter. I just ran tge ut for a second time and got a prize 3. It's all on me and not getting a better retrieve to hand. Have fun here in South Dakota.

Think I have met a judge , Fabian , from your chapter. I just ran tge ut for a second time and got a prize 3. It's all on me and not getting a better retrieve to hand. Have fun here in South Dakota.
The being “on me” is probably the biggest issue I have with testing her! We have several judges in our group, I might ask one of them to evaluate her on our next trading day. Her weakness is the water search, we don’t have a lot of lake and ponds available down here to get work on.

East.There is some public land about 15 miles east of Gregory. It's been a long time since I've hunted south Dakota. There is a bar out there.
About 10 miles from this bar, is one of those fancy, blue blood pheasant hunting lodges.That place releases a lot of birds for these high brow city hunters.Those birds migrate to that public ground.

The being “on me” is probably the biggest issue I have with testing her! We have several judges in our group, I might ask one of them to evaluate her on our next trading day. Her weakness is the water search, we don’t have a lot of lake and ponds available down here to get work on.
We are very fortunate as our training grounds are where we test at. Abanded gravel pit , lots of water , not always shore line vegetation.

Search is search and can be built up on dry ground. Spend extra time on heeling as more prize 1s fail on that then any other part of the test. And yes (again on me) we only did prize 3 heeling.

Back