Gun Room/Man Cave/Basement/Bar

Husker

Ok guys, I'm working on plans to build a new house in the spring of 11. Here's my current Man Cave/Basement but I need some ideas on how to to do this next one... Let's see what you guys have!

(fyi.. The 3yo on the coffee table is real, not a mount)

IMG00087-20100123-1914.jpg

IMG00088-20100123-1915.jpg

IMG00089-20100123-1918.jpg

IMG00090-20100123-1918.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a nice one:10sign:!

You keep killing big deer like that though and your gonna need to think about vaulted cielings? Like the in-wall gun safe...Awesome.

...Oh and its possible your kid needs glasses:p?

I don't have pictures now, but my cousin has cedar on his walls with 3 to 4 coats of clear coat on it. It looks really sharpe! A bit rustic, but I suppose that would go with all your taxidermy. I'll get pics next time i'm over there, then you can see what you think.

ok here goes!

Lots of antlers... I like the wall with the TV and Pics! I would put up a few of your best antlers on a wall by themselves and build a walk in closet with the rest mounted in it to show. Too many over does it I think. Place pics of deer and antlers together and pheasants and pheasant pics together.
I like the built in gun cabinet.
If your man cave is big enough in a corner put a 3'x3' grassy area with a few bird mounts in it.
save some room for an elk.....:)
My thoughts for what it is worth.

Thanks
Lazlo

Get rid of all the toys. Get your boy a bow and arrow set with the suction cup arrow tips and play hunt video's on that big flat screen. Can you say Ted Nugent!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input guys, I agree with the to many antlers, but I have a real problem with not hanging up every buck i kill! I currenty have two nice shoulder mounts being done, so I think a bunch of those horn panels will go in the garage at this next house. I enjoy the gun case, but secure it's not, If anyone ever broke in the glass doors wouldn't slow them down much from gettting my guns. I'm thinking about maybe a corner case and a large safe that's inset into the wall for this next go around. Thanks again guys!

WOW!!! Just move that room to the new house and then add on!! Great Room! Thanks for sharing!

You have everything neat and organized. You could have a treasure shack then you could pile up all your treasures and have a mess to big to deal with.:(

Nice room. If you're looking for suggestions for your new house here are a few. Paint the walls a warm color (like a shade of brown) and maybe add some cedar or pine to one of the walls. Personally I think you have too much stuff in the room. I would probably eliminate some of the antlers and better organize what you have. Also get the kid his own space for the toys. But that's just my personal opinion and preference.

My "man cave" in the basement has to double as a family room or overflow for company so it's not as "manly" as yours. Here's a pic.

House056.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm a couple years away from it, but when we build, I'm thinking rather than painted sheetrock, lining the walls with old barnwood. Along with the antlers, fish, and bird mounts, throw in some antique rusty tools, old spools of barbed wire, etc. Might get some native limestone and and incorporate that into the wall somehow, columns, partial wall, something like that. Hell, I don't know.

Husker, a few musts in my book are: knotty pine with clear coat (big rustic boards and not the tongue/groove), wood burning stove, knotty pine bar/ with bar stools, walkin gun/gear closet, multimedia center for all you hunting shows and videos, good wildlife art....and.....BEER.

I would definitely put up some tongue and groove cedar or pine. Blue stain pine looks really good and the supply shouldn't be a problem with all of the beetle kill we have around here. I too think I would take some of the antlers down and keep everything well organized.

Yup - take some of the antlers down, just leave the mount and maybe a European mount.

Put the others out in the garage or hang em on the deck or a couple up in ur office.

Like the Prairie Chicken. Ive got my first greater Ive ever shot in the freezer right now waiting on me to get it to my buddy to mount.

Husker, I think this would top off your Man-Cave

2944b6c34cd969d3.jpg

Back