God help us if it comes to this here

Tut,tut tut jeff, the moderator has said no discussions re gun rights as too political tho he let the lefties spew on and on about green energy.

Classic case of what will happen when you price the common people out of the sport. A loud and powerful voice comes in numbers, not in how much money you have. Keep locking up land, charging trespass fee's, promoting leases, raising license costs, Etc and ideas against us will gain traction as more folks move outside the sport into more affordable activities. IMO, we are doomed..we are on a money/wealth based world now. Our demise is written in stone..it's just a matter of time is all. The money for most just isn't there. Now states are coming up with their own trespass fee's. In Texas I believe it's a $48.00 validation on your license to hunt on public land. A trespass fee to hunt on tax payers land. Isn't that nice?

onpoint
Texas taxes everything to make up for no income tax. I lived there for 10 years and referred to the place as "taxes". TPWD really struggles to make ends meet since most of the hunter dollars have to be used to support their other mission items. It is not uncommon for states to use a "habitat stamp" or something similar as a "trespass fee". The real issue is that bunnyhuggers and birdwatchers get to use these areas for free and are not contributing to habitat. I think if you could figure out some sort of excise tax (like we pay) to ensure the non-hunters and non-fisherman paid their fair share the various wildlife agencies would be flush with cash. I've got no issue with taxing usage so long as everyone pays.

Last edited:
Tut,tut tut jeff, the moderator has said no discussions re gun rights as too political tho he let the lefties spew on and on about green energy.

Oh now now, they are also letting plenty of righties spew on about fossil fuel:).
I find this idiotic. The problem with most western societies now is that governments are trying to parent the kids, and passing legislation that should be handled in the home.

The problem with most western societies now is that governments are trying to parent the kids, and passing legislation that should be handled in the home.

Just wait. It's a matter of time before they make us keep a log of what we're feeding our kids.:eek:

Is that right??? Read what web guy has set for rules before you point fingers at us. As long as you can talk guns with out bringing politics in it the threads can thrive. But some topics always end up there. People cant help them selves. If you want the duty of keeping this site clean by all means sign up for the job.

PS this shouldnt take too long.;) And if you think I can sit here and read every post or thread, your mistaken. I closed the OLD thread that was dug up again because it broke the rules set for "US" as a collective. It was 100% political. No political threads alowed.... Period. Sorry, dont hate the player, hate the game.

Oh now now, they are also letting plenty of righties spew on about fossil fuel:).
I find this idiotic. The problem with most western societies now is that governments are trying to parent the kids, and passing legislation that should be handled in the home.

Is there another kind of fuel? I would say they are allowing the lefties to spew about alternate energy.

Back