Go-Pro Camera's

Cam mount

Setternut,

How do you carry your GoPro?

I've got mine on the bill of a ball cap; worked at getting it as far back to my forehead as possible. Still have to watch my gait to smooth the bounce.

I went with Zetronics glasses. HD 720p they work well but you need to take some Dramamine to watch my first video because of all the head movements. I am getting better. I have had hunters with the helmet cams, and they work. It seemed a little clumsy. I suspect they all have advantages and disadvantages.

Here is a video from a couple weeks ago. Took the dogs Prairie Chicken hunting. We got 2 pointed but I did not get a shot.

The Garmin is head mounted. I still move my head to fast and need to learn to walk smoother to reduce the bouncing. But its not horrible.

http://youtu.be/VzKegLHen7c

Previously the GoPro3 was having some issues, such as short battery life, etc. I just checked the GoPro website and they now have the GoPro Hero 3+ which looks like they have fixed the issues but likely a hardware upgrade, not software since it is a whole new unit.

That may be why the GoPro Hero 3 Black went on sale a month ago, so sellers could clear their stock for the new one coming out.

I just bought a midland 350 does anyone have experience with these? I've seen some good video but think I will need to deal with the shake issues regardless of which camera. I'd love to see or hear any feedback from people that have or have used the midland.

Is there a better action camera then the GoPro black?

After using a GoPro 2 for a couple years, I've decided to go with a Garmin VIRB.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-trail/action-cameras/virb-/prod119592.html

I've pre-ordered one and expect to get it sometime this Fall. Things I like on the Garmin vs GoPro: small LED screen to see what you are actually filming(need separate unit for gopro....or have to guess where cam is pointed), easy on off switch(hard to know you turn gopro on when it is head mounted), three lens setting on Garmin, longer battery life, and able to integrate with my garmin GPS for on/off and importing data (like speed and elevations for my mountain biking videos).

I'll check back in after I've received it and had time to play with it.

Back