fuel prices have finally done me in

RedNose

I had a great trip planned to the Judith Basin area but backed out. I just can't see spending aobut 400 on fuel for the trip. I am sad but this is the way it is. I looked at the prospect and decided I need the money to go see my son or daughter instead.

I just hope I can sell the house here in the 48 so I can move home soon.

Regular unleaded is hovering around $4.60 right now in these parts.:( We are still running summer blend, come on winter!

politics and greed in my opinion:(.

Yep. I often wonder if gasoline isn't used to control inflation too.:confused:

For every $1 we put into filling our gas tanks, that's $1 you and I can't spend within the general market/economy (outside of gasoline). In-turn this allows our gov't to spend another $1 without too much concern about inflation due to our $1 being burned up purchasing fuel.

I don't see too much happening with gas prices unless gov't spending slows or the economy slows so much we aren't spending enough to inflate the economy.

Remember when G. Bush lifted the executive ban on drilling in '08? Just before the election. Gas prices came crashing down in the last quarter of that year. The order was put back into place shortly after the election, prices go back up.:rolleyes:

I really feel for those of you in CA. That's just whacked.

Gas is my single biggest expense during the season. I could look at my expenses in 2005 when I first started taking out of state hunting trips but I'm afraid it would depress me too much. I do remember being irate when I had to fill up in Yellowstone and it was up to 3.00 a gallon. I shouldn't have complained.

Thanks to gasbuddy.com I know pretty close how much going to a spot to hunt is going to cost me. I'll keep paying because what choice is there? But a lot of my other interests are going by the wayside to support my hunting habit....

I just started working on the petroleum side at another one of our coop locations. I can't get over how the diesel prices have been going higher and higher and our gas prices are coming down a little.

I just started working on the petroleum side at another one of our coop locations. I can't get over how the diesel prices have been going higher and higher and our gas prices are coming down a little.

yes i'm glad i got rid of my dsl truck but on the flip side my v10 is a lil thirsty! :D

I filled up yesterday, a diesel truck, at safeway about 15 miles from my house as the safeway here in town does not have diesel , the wife shops at safeway here in town and we get 10 cents off a gallon of gas for every $100 you spend.Yesterday she told me that we had 90 cents a gallon of the regular price, so I got like a scaled dog to fill up. Heck I still hated to pay $3.54 for a gallon but still better than $4.44, the damn pump cut of at 25 gallons, kinda figures though. So I put the credit card back in to fill it up and it only took short of two more gallons, I squeezed $4 more in.I calculated my truck gas consumtion to 19.9 miles to a gallon so at 20 miles to a gallon at $4.44 a gallon I guess it cost me 22 cents a mile or $22.00 a hundred miles, I may have to get a loan to pay for gas to hunt this year. Think I have a headache now and a thin wallet. :( IT REALLY DOES SUCK.

Back