Flea and tick

LC Smith

What is everyone using these days? Looking for for my new lab pup.

I switched from Frontline to Bravecto a few years ago and have been very satisfied. I went away from frontline due to the need to avoid water for 24 hours after application. If I go south to train or compete during the winter I use Credilio as it’s a monthly dose. I don’t care for Seresto as I don’t like to leave a collar on my dogs all the time.

I second the Bravecto...did a lot of research with my YLF over a year ago, and talked with my Vet.

Used Frontline for years but last time the vet said an oral, Interceptor Plus, was better. 100% effective and the dog eats it once a month like a treat.

Last edited:
I've been happy with Seresto collars or Bravecto pills. Both have performed well. I was never happy with Frontline, I seemed to find lots of ticks when using it.

I am trying a Seresto collar. Thanks to all for the input.

I hate most monthly topical liquids and collars.

Nexgard works extremely well. I use April, May, September and October. Same pharma company as Heartgard. No adverse effects on my Britts.

Topical sprays work well for day trips.

Used Frontline for years but last time the vet said an oral, Interceptor Plus, was better. 100% effective and the dog eats it once a month like a treat.
What Brit said...

I use the topical application for 6 months, whether that be Frontline or K9 Advantix or another knock off that I know has the same ingredients. No need in the winter, as there is no tick activity in the great white north.

The issue with the pill ones like Bravecto or Nexguard is that the tick actually has to bite the dog to be effective.

Never used the Soresto collar, can't comment on that.

Back