Dream gun

Phil V.

I was talking to some friends and the topic of what type of gun would you buy if you had the money to do it. That is what my friends and Icall a dream gun. It is because of the price that stops us from buying it that is why them such a name. What I would like to what the gun is that would be dream gun. It can be any make or model. I was wandering if any body here had one? Mine is a Darne Model R-11 16 gauge.

I'll just show you a few that could make that list

Ivo Fabbri – Model Best O/U, 20ga, 29” Barrel. M/F, best titanium. This is the first titanium gun made. It is pinless, screwless, unfired, new, made for a special presentation. Exhibition Turkish walnut. Beautiful ornamental scroll, covering 100% of the receiver. Solid rib, stainless steel barrels, single trigger, straight grip. Very lightweight, super handling gun. The very finest available.

14 ½” x 1 5/8” x 2 1/8
5lbs, 10oz
Inv #19853

$220,000

100109066-8-L.jpg

100109066-7-L-1.jpg

100109066-6-L.jpg

100109066-5-L.jpg

100109066-4-L.jpg

100109066-3-L.jpg

20ga B25 Superposed O/U

pix983465914.jpg

pix880130441.jpg

pix741686008.jpg

pix629500078.jpg

pix613634905.jpg

pix544038988.jpg

pix426404440.jpg

pix517374270.jpg

pix119629236.jpg

pix095099463.jpg

Browning Superposed B-25 Exhibition Grade, Custom Engraved 20ga. What a fantastic Browning Superposed we have here! Not only is it a fantastic piece of art visually, but it is the nicest handling Browning I have ever experienced. The balance between the hands is very dynamic, and at 6lbs. 2oz it is a delight to carry. Serial number N32715, this is a Belgium Superposed engraved by Angelo Bee, one of Browning’s best known engravers, the balance hand crafted by other past FN factory employees. With the sideplated action, extensive bulino game scene engraving, gold wire inlays, beautiful scroll work (done by DuBois another Browning engraver), pierced and sculpted top lever, figured Exhibition grade Turkish walnut, 3 piece forearm, this gun is a showcase of the gun maker’s art. Angelo Bee’s work commands high prices and he has a very substantial following, so this is an investment quality firearm that is a joy to shoot and carry. The 26 ½” barrels are as new, with all of the blue, mirror bores, tight ribs, 3” chambers, choked IC/LM (.008/.016, can be altered to your specs for $55 per barrel), bore diameter .623/.624, minimum barrel wall thickness 25 thousandths, no dents or dings, polished and machined lug area, tight ribs, barrels tight on breech face and hinge like a new gun. The receiver is spectacular, with scenes of pheasants on the left, ducks on the righ, and a gold inlaid pheasant with a pointer on the bottom. The screws are perfect, with trigger guard screws “clocked and locked” by smaller locking screws, a nice touch. The gold wire inlay adds just enough gold to catch the eye, but in no way to the point of being gaudy. Browning Superposed with the sideplated action are very rare, and just gorgeous to look at. The trigger is crisp and checkered, and the trigger guard is nicely engraved. The work is signed by Angelo Bee on the right side, and P. Dubois near the trigger. The wood is boldly figured Turkish walnut with 28LPI checkering, oil finished, round knob, long tang, 3 piece forend, sculpted drop points, skip line checkered butt, LOP a generous 15 1/16” from rear trigger position, 2” drop at heel, 1 ½” drop at comb, no splits, chips, cracks or repairs, a few light handling marks on right side of butt stock, no wear to the checkering at all. Wood to metal fit is superb, and the wood is simply knock out in all respects. The Browning Superposed is avidly sought after by collectors and shooters alike. At the close of Browinin production the Exhibition grade guns with the features commensurate with this one were being sold for nearly $15,000. That was more than a decade ago. This is a rare, one-of-a-kind Superposed engraved by an acknowledged Browning master engraver that will make a fine investment. The workmanship is comparable to the finest work ever put out by Browning during their production years.

How about a SxS?

4. Weight: 5 Lb. 7 oz. Stock Dimensions: 14 3/8”x 1 ½”x 2 ¼”x 3/8” cast-off. 27” chopper-lump barrels retaining all the original brilliant black finish with 2 ¾” chambers and mint bores are choked IC/Mod. Classic Purdey, self-opening action with automatic safety, bushed firing pins, and ejectors. Beautiful bold scroll engraving with exqui Bulino game scenes bPurdey London. Stunning 28ga. self-opening sidelock ejector
Description:
Purdey, London. Stunning 28ga. self-opening sidelock ejector game gun completed in 199y Giancarlo and Stefano Pedretti . When viewing the photographs of this amazing little gun it is easy to lose the perspective of just how diminutive it actually is and how tiny the game scenes truly are. For example, the hunting dog on the right side of the left lock plate is only 0.1”wide x 0.2” tall and the entire scene on the bottom of the action is contained in a space only 1.3” wide x 1.7” tall. This firearm represents the Bulino style of engraving at it’s finest and today’s cost of the engraving alone would likely be in excess of $40,000. Overall in little used condition throughout with original maker’s case including all original accessories and Purdey letter.

Price: $115,000

pix537974177.jpg

pix939752704.jpg

pix010173741.jpg

pix061317834.jpg

pix142084605.jpg

pix301712130.jpg

pix363970300.jpg

pix716993901.jpg

pix739903549.jpg

pix758774134.jpg

pix850275635.jpg

pix587286660.jpg

CSMC Fox FE Exhibition .410, NEW, HUEY CASED, SPECTACULAR! Tony Galazan has produced many true masterpieces in his Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing facility. His faithful reproduction of Ansley H. Fox’s fine shotguns are no exception, and his “EXHIBITION” quality renditions far exceed anything old Ansley Fox ever contemplated. With over-the-top engraving and gold inlays, masterful wood carvings and checkering patterns, and state-of-the-art materials, Galazan has brought us this fantastic.410 bore double on a properly scaled frame. New and unfired in the finest Huey case, this gun is priced to sell, and the new owner will have intelligently invested his money in a firearm that is a joy to own and shoot and is being offered significantly under market value. To order a custom Fox with the features and quality displayed in this Fox, snF205835, you would spend in excess of $60,000! The gun is new and without flaw, so I will not have a lot to describe regarding condition—it is a new, unmarred shotgun. The barrels are 28” long, choked SK/IC (.007/.012), 3” chambers, engraved muzzles and breech areas, gold wire inlaid at both ends of the barrels, ivory bead, Krupp Fluid steel with barrel lettering beautifully inlaid in heavy gold letters, ejectors, mirror bores, no marks or dents. The action is deeply engraved with gorgeous scroll, lots of gold inlays including birds, vine and leaf, gold wire; just beautifully done. The photos will better describe the engraving and gold details. Suffice it to say it is lavish! Of course, perfect screws, tight action, double triggers, deep and rich case color, and that dainty Fox boxlock action, certainly one of the simplest, most reliable, and best box lock actions ever created. The wood is the finest Turkish Circassian walnut you will ever witness. Again, let the photos do the describing. The flour-de-lis checkering with ribbons, ornate deep carvings, and oil finish is done to the finest gunmaking standards in the world. The LOP is 14 5/8” to an fully engraved skeleton butt plate, 2 3/8” drop at heel, 1 9/16” drop at comb (can be bent to your specs within 10 days of your purchase for a nominal extra cost), neutral cast. There are no flaws and wood to metal fit could not be improved. The wood is nature’s challenge to the engraver’s artwork on this gun. Both are breath taking and superb. This fine little double weighs in at a manageable 6lbs. 2oz. and with the English style stock, baby frame, and nice long barrels

These about cover it, just pick one and I'll be happy until the good Lord comes to get me but I must be able to hand the gun down to my sons and it must stay in our family forever

Boss, Woodward, Purdey, H & H, Churchill, Lang, any of the superlight british, London made, best gun doubles. Double trigger, ejectors, self opener, hand detachable sidelock, 12 ga. 2 1/2" chambers are O.K., weight no more than 6.25# full rose and scroll coverage, no birds, scenes, or gold. 25" barrels choked cyl. and imp cyl. I'd hunt with it, don't want to own it if I don't shoot it. I've found some that come close, at around $9000- 20,000, but none that match this description exactly. I may have to settle at some point. Reality is I probably can't hit a lick with one, and it's built to hunt quail, which we don't have a lot of anymore. But everybody should have a "best" gun at least for a while.

Thank you OnPoint!:coolpics: Those are some jaw droppers! Now I know where some of my future lottery winnings will be spent. I've always wanted a SxS, and now I've got it narrowed down.

Remington model 32. Still winning championships and killing birds 70 years after the last one was built. The best pointing gun I've ever shot.

m321.ashx

Some great looking guns. Here's link to the gun I was talking about. The guy in the picture worked in Italy for a gunmaker before he came to the U.S.. www.gournetusa.com/darneusa

Oh all your gun choices are awesome...I was just wishing for one of the really sweet Silver Pigeons. You guys are way outta my league :)

I just can't bring myself to buy a gun that is art work. any gum I buy has to be a useful object that I can actually shoot and not feel bad about.

I could never take a $220,000 gun out pheasant hunting. Perhaps someone would but not me.

I want a beautiful, useful, well made tool. There are lots of them and too many to even think about. The dream gun changes by the day which causes paralysis by analysis.

I did pop for a nice 28ga SxS last year and Renato Gamba Princepessa
http://www.williamlarkinmoore.com/images/IMG_4912.JPG

It's my quail gun now.

If I had a spare $220,000 laying around, and I wanted something for hunting.

I would buy some land to go hunting on .
Would let you come hunt with me if I could shoot your $220,000 gun :cheers:

If I had a spare $220,000 laying around, and I wanted something for hunting.

I would buy some land to go hunting on .
Would let you come hunt with me if I could shoot your $220,000 gun :cheers:

I am sure if you could drop 220,000 on a gun you would have plenty of land to hunt on and not feel bad about hunting with it!:cheers:

I'm Gun Stupid

I have owned a total of four shotguns, shot seven different guns, which has left me so inexperienced that I am too stupid to know what I am missing in these super elite guns. Praise be! I spend money too easily anyway.

Back