CSMC Revelation

Thanks a lot...LOL...you probably just cost me a couple of $$$$.

You and I both. I was looking at Browning's and Beretta's before stumbling upon this beauty.

I'd wait until some reviews come out from people like Larry Brown, Nick Sisley or somebody like that. And I'd like to see what the weights are on the various models too. That said, CSMC builds some very solid S/S and O/Us.

Just not sure how they can produce this kind of doublegun at this very low price point?? I believe it is made at their factory in Connecticut??

I just saw where csmc is making a model 21 o/u. Least I just found this out, not sure why they didn't name it differently. Based off the Winchester 21.

I believe the model 21 o/u is actually basically a copy of the Winchester 101 with a name that shouldn’t be monkeyed around with. Here is another cool other than Beretta/Browning 20 gauge if your looking for something outside the box.https://www.kevinsguns.com/product-p/pre-order.htm I have a Charles Daly Made by Beretta sxs 20 in the mail. I have been using the 12 gauge model a lot lately, Robert I think I’m getting the sxs disease.

DO NOT GO NEAR CSMC. Like me, you'll be sorry you did. Do yourselves a favor. Buy a Beretta, a Browning or a Franchi. Sadly, my feedback is not good news. Not about the quality of the Revelation or the Customer Service at CSMC / Standard Manufacturing.
First time out with and there was a loud "PING" ( just like the sound a .22 bullet makes when hitting a metal plate target at an outdoor range) when fired, not the as expected "bang". I tried shooting it again with different chokes, choosing a different barrel and even different ammo. Same result. I even removed my ear plugs...."PING" only got louder.
I spoke to "Rich" at CSMC. Says he's been there for 40 years, is their head gunsmith (and he answers the customer service phones???) and he has never heard of that "PING" sound coming from a shotgun or of a Revelation having a "PING" when fired. His attitude was to say the least, unhelpful to the point of arrogance, contempt and laziness. I then spoke to Lou Frutuoso, President of Standard Manufacturing. He too couldn't (wouldn't) comprehend the "PING" noise and suggested I work with the aforementioned "Rich" to resolve the issue. When I told Lou of Rich's' attitude, his reply was and I quote..."I dunno what to tell ya then".
So, now I have a $3000 shotgun with a safety / reliability issue that CSMC wants no part of.

DO NOT GO NEAR CSMC. Like me, you'll be sorry you did. Do yourselves a favor. Buy a Beretta, a Browning or a Franchi. Sadly, my feedback is not good news. Not about the quality of the Revelation or the Customer Service at CSMC / Standard Manufacturing.
First time out with and there was a loud "PING" ( just like the sound a .22 bullet makes when hitting a metal plate target at an outdoor range) when fired, not the as expected "bang". I tried shooting it again with different chokes, choosing a different barrel and even different ammo. Same result. I even removed my ear plugs...."PING" only got louder.
I spoke to "Rich" at CSMC. Says he's been there for 40 years, is their head gunsmith (and he answers the customer service phones???) and he has never heard of that "PING" sound coming from a shotgun or of a Revelation having a "PING" when fired. His attitude was to say the least, unhelpful to the point of arrogance, contempt and laziness. I then spoke to Lou Frutuoso, President of Standard Manufacturing. He too couldn't (wouldn't) comprehend the "PING" noise and suggested I work with the aforementioned "Rich" to resolve the issue. When I told Lou of Rich's' attitude, his reply was and I quote..."I dunno what to tell ya then".
So, now I have a $3000 shotgun with a safety / reliability issue that CSMC wants no part of.
Does it function at all? Did you make arrangements to send it back to CSMC to look at it, repair it?

Back