Can you top stupid!!!!

Or when my wife took dog out to run in a field. Came back and said lost her new iPhone. :cautious:

She and I went out looking, could not find even calling it ever few seconds and trying to listed for ring tone.

2 days later out with dog in field and BINGO! I stumble upon it. Still on and working after sitting in a half day of rain. Luckily got home just as wife is leaving to buy a new one.

had a friend leave his gun in a parking lot. Went back and still there. Locked my gun and car keys in trunk (actually friend went to retrieve something, laid keys in trunk and when i came back and closed up locked gun/keys etc in trunk miles from anywhere and before cell phones.

Had to break into my own car, by luckily finding a piece of wire on side of road and popping lock on door, but had to disassemble back seat to get into trunk. Never fit right after that. It was a 1974 Ford Maverick.

I locked my keys in my car once while bowhunting in SW MN, in December, in the middle of no where on a Wednesday. Luckily the WMA parking lot had posts with wire fencing. I unwound the wire on a strand from multiple posts so it was long enough to reach my vehicle, then popped the lock through the window. It took me about 45 minutes in the dark.

Last year turkey hunting I placed my crow locator call in my front chest pocket, fully aware it was a bad place for it. After working a tom I realized my crow call had fallen out of my pocket and was gone. A week later I was back at the same spot and I retraced my steps. Lo and behold I found my crow call! After the end of the season I was cleaning out my turkey vest and I felt something odd in the game pouch.....it was my crow call! I had found the exact same crow call someone else dropped, and thought it was my own. My call had fallen out of my pocket when I sat down and slipped into my game pouch. Now I have two crow calls.

I went waterfowl hunting in ND when I was 19 with my buddy who moved there. We shot some ducks one evening and went back to his place. In the morning we were loading the vehicle to go back out and I noticed my gun was gone. Went back to the same place and I had left my gun in the WPA parking lot over night in the grass.

I don't (yet) have any tales of losing anything but hunting with my cousin one time, his 870 was jamming on him so he took it apart real quick to see if something was broken or stuck. A little compressed spring inside went flying in the air and landed somewhere in the grass. He looked for about 10 minutes and was able to find it.

Talk about needle in a haystack haha

Had a hunter come to the house years back to ask me to help find his lost dog. He had looked until dark before coming by. The rifle deer season was opening that week, so as I was checking hunters I made a point to tell them to watch for this dog. I had taken the owner's dog box and vest in where he lost him hoping to find the dog in it, but that was to no avail. On Saturday I wrote a gent a warning as he had no orange hat on. Later that evening, 1 week after the dog was lost, the gent I had written the warning to came to the house with the dog. I kenneled the dog and got contact info on the man who found him then called the owner. He came and picked up his dog and told me losing the dog wasn't the worst part of the day. In his rush to drive around looking for the dog, he laid his pigeon grade Browning Citori on his bumper and pulled out onto the highway. The gun clattered off the bumper in time for him to see 2 semi's run over it. The barrels were crushed and the stock destroyed. Said he had bought a field grade to replace it and the wife wasn't impressed!

I don't (yet) have any tales of losing anything but hunting with my cousin one time, his 870 was jamming on him so he took it apart real quick to see if something was broken or stuck. A little compressed spring inside went flying in the air and landed somewhere in the grass. He looked for about 10 minutes and was able to find it.

Talk about needle in a haystack haha
That's outrageously lucky!

I feel you. About three weeks ago I hunted a public piece in Iowa that's little bit off the map and doesn't get walked too hard by others. Lots of hills and heavy grass, with water in the low spots. Chased several birds around and finally had an opportunity at a rooster which I hit , but didn't fold right away. The bird flew over a hill and then appeared to go down, out of site. The dog and I searched for a good 30 minutes and finally gave up, totally exhausted. My boots were thoroughly wet and I changed out of most of my hunting gear as I was done for the weekend and heading back home to MN. A few days later I'm prepping for another overnight down to IA and can't find my boots. Looked everywhere, nothing. Grabbed my back up pair and thought, hmmm, did I leave them in the grass on my last hunt? I went right back to the same spot first thing in the morning, and there they were. Threw them in the truck, laughed out loud at myself, and drove down the road to another area. As I'm doing so, another hunter drives past me and pulls into the parking area to take the field. The first thing he would have noticed would have been my pair of Irish Setters had I not arrived 10 minutes before him.....

Happened to a friend. After a long day of hunting, he layed his gun down on the ground to load his dog into his truck and forgot his gun. While driving home it pops into his head... "where's my gun? I don't remember putting it in the truck." He pulls off the road and checks his truck... no gun. He calls the "Hunting check-in Sta." and asked if they can send someone to the parking spot (spots are numbered) to look for his gun. sure enough they found his gun still laying on the ground where he left it. He doesn't lay his gun on the ground any more. lol

Yep Been that stupid at around 18yo. 1st time out with my brand new Wingmaster. Got back to the vehicle with a group of guys, leaned it against the car, and the few minutes we messed around with gear and such. Buddy the maniac was driving and of course had to do a swervy burnout in the parking area, till we got to the next field and where's my gun? So tear back to last spot and there it is, with gravel scratches across the stock from being run over. Then in Kansas a couple years later, no case for the same gun, going to dinner from the motel, so I slid the gun under the bed. Next morning pull it out to find what turned out to be a used lady feminine pad stuck to the barrel, which ate the blueing off in that particular spot. (Gross)
Went and bought a case.

Last month got back to the truck and realized I didn’t have my gun. Last time I remember having it was when I stopped to get the dog some water and set the gun down. Once the panic subsided I realized I could back track using my Garmin Alpha and found the gun following my track on the handheld. Never been so happy with a purchase as the moment I found that gun.

I once lost a gun because I set on top of my vehicle while loading my dog. Ran an add in alocal rural paper and got a response and my gun back.

Back