Busy Time for Old mnmt.

great coot. now i know you have the money to pay me for the fox pro charger:rolleyes:

What it should be free you put it on my hood and I drove 40 miles before I seen it there:mad: Who puts stuff on a hood you're lucky it got caught on the windshield wiper. If I would of used the wipers it could of shoot off there and caused a mayor wreck. And what about all the times I pull you out. And park your work truck when you stop by the farm. No more mr. nice guy.

MNMT do you have any pics of the calves?
I used to have a cow calf operation. That was my favorite time of the year. Now I just get a couple steers a year to butcher. Not as much fun but alot easier.

What it should be free you put it on my hood and I drove 40 miles before I seen it there:mad: Who puts stuff on a hood you're lucky it got caught on the windshield wiper. If I would of used the wipers it could of shoot off there and caused a mayor wreck. And what about all the times I pull you out. And park your work truck when you stop by the farm. No more mr. nice guy.

this should be a clue. GET YOUR EYES CHECKED

I sold 4 fats today $118.25 boy I'm I happy:) Sale barns close so we just bring a few in at a time.

HOLY CRAP COOT!!! You gonna be rich!!

You know, prices have got to be better or, There ain't gonna be any more cattle raised in the USA.

MNMT do you have any pics of the calves?
I used to have a cow calf operation. That was my favorite time of the year. Now I just get a couple steers a year to butcher. Not as much fun but alot easier.

Yes I do:) Coming soon.

Some cow/calf pics.
P10101432.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

P1010073.jpg

Will work at getting some current pics. Had the 40th this morning.
Managing to save most of them.
Lost one of twin heifers. Think it choked on placenta.:confused:
And a first calver. prolapsed, tried hard to save her, she up and died.:rolleyes:
Blizzard and sub zero weather makes it REALLY hard.
Anybody like to buy a cow herd?:cheers:

Sounds like you're not doing to bad:) I had a hiefer do that to when I started that'll make you think I really want to do this for a living:) What state you have the herd in MN or MT.

Coot, my herd is in North Central Minnesota.
We have about the same weather as Northern Montana. Except usually much more snow and less sunshine.

MnMt, just how many of these members do you think know what a "Prolapse" is? I do just wondering. Normally, a prolapse is not the cause of death, there must have been something else wrong with her......Bob

Sweet guys! Love the cattle talk on here. My Dad's started calving too! We just feed fat cattle. However, I think I've got the hubby talked into letting me have a few stock cows. I can't wait I love all aspects of calving. My husband just likes feeding em and cashing the checks...hahaha! Oh well those checks let me hunt (BAHAHAHAHA)!!!

I'm a farm gal...I know what a prolapse is! Hopefully they have the stitch in em before they calf. The hard part is making sure you're there in time to cut the stitch, otherwise you've got a heck of a mess!

Hey Coot:

Right now we are only feedin two cattle (haha). My husband feeds over 4,500 head of hogs every quarter and we also grain farm. We run over 2,000 acres. I was raising horses for a long time, but that market tanked so I got down to three horses and am trying to convince the hubby to let me get about 10 head of stock cows. He can feed the calves after they are weaned. I grew up with cows and calves my whole life. I love every aspect of it...and yes even when you're up to your shoulder in a cow to help pull a calf! Crazy I know :)

MnMt, just how many of these members do you think know what a "Prolapse" is? I do just wondering. Normally, a prolapse is not the cause of death, there must have been something else wrong with her......Bob

Hey Bob, More than you might think know what "prolapse" Means.

To fall or slip out of place, as a bodily organ. :D Busted I had to look it up, as I had not heard that word in a long time. :D

MnMt Have you had to Pull many??? If I remember Right 1st year cows are almost always in need of help. Hope everything with your calving is going well.:)

Will work at getting some current pics. Had the 40th this morning.
Managing to save most of them.
Lost one of twin heifers. Think it choked on placenta.:confused:
And a first calver. prolapsed, tried hard to save her, she up and died.:rolleyes:
Blizzard and sub zero weather makes it REALLY hard.
Anybody like to buy a cow herd?:cheers:

Wayne, hang in there! I am sure most cattlemen what to sell or shoot the herd at some point during the year:D

Sometimes at the farm I think "what the hell am I doing here!!!!" And then I regain my sanity. (Usually right after a beautiful sunset).

Hey Coot:

Right now we are only feedin two cattle (haha). My husband feeds over 4,500 head of hogs every quarter and we also grain farm. We run over 2,000 acres. :)

And you have time for cattle hunting and this web site? Holycow girl (no pun intended)

I just bought a couple Longhorn steers again last week should be coming home in the next couple weeks. The market on them is still a bit cheaper at the sales barn. Thank goodness when I saw the price of feed. (Crazy)

MNMT have any new pics of the calves?

My next door neigh bor was pulling a calf last week when he either lost his grip or it came flying out. He was standing next to a steel chute andsmacked his face when he fell to the right, breaking both eye orbits and his nose. OUCH!!!! Has had some surgery already. Havn't seen him but I guess he is a mess.

My next door neigh bor was pulling a calf last week when he either lost his grip or it came flying out. He was standing next to a steel chute andsmacked his face when he fell to the right, breaking both eye orbits and his nose. OUCH!!!! Has had some surgery already. Havn't seen him but I guess he is a mess.

Sorry to hear this. That's why I don't miss this season at all. Calf's and cows can kill you with one swift kick. So much can go bad. and it sucks when you lose both cow and calf.

Uncle Buck I hope your neighbor is ok.

More power to all that deal with this to make a living, as it's not easy.:)

Back