Busy Time for Old mnmt.

Sold 5 fats for 1.24 and 620 pounders for 1.60 today:) I'm happier then a pig in sh#t:D Oh and got my first calf too a steer:thumbsup: Feel bad because the food price has to be so high:( Guess I'd make a terrible oilman:D

Bob and rooster Fetcher. This was a first calf good doing heifer. a vaginal prolapse as you know is not a big deal. Like RF says, you just stitch it then remove the stitches when the contractions begin. I would never recommend keeping a cow for another calf with even the slightest vaginal prolapse, hamburger time.
This heifer had a normal delivery, then pushed some more and had a full uterine prolapse. They can be saved, the uterus has to be cleaned and disinfected and put back in. I'm telling you:eek: this is very difficult. I have saved a few, could not this one. And no, an hour or two is all the longer a cow will live with a full uterine prolapse.
Then you have to pump them full of antibiotics and they never seem to get back to their former health.
Most kill the cow quickly while she is still walking, the animal is not sick and will make perfectly good meat.
This cow was down unable to stand, I shot her and took the loss. Eagle food.

How many fat cattle you feed RF?

MNMT if I remember right weren't you on a ranch in MT this fall? You must just hunt there.

Coot I've spent 5 years on the ranch in Montana, ranching and hunting. I like to spend all the time I can out there. After the crops are in I have plenty of time and will spend most of Sept and Oct even Nov until the weather gets bad in Montana.:)

I'm soo glad i don't buy cattle from coot. You must be rolling in some cash:thumbsup:

My steers made it home yesterday.
NewArrivals001.jpg

BackRub
NewArrivals002.jpg

NewArrivals007.jpg

HEY! goldeneye:eek::confused: STEERS? you sure about that.:cheers:

HEY! goldeneye:eek::confused: STEERS? you sure about that.:cheers:

Yep we banded them last week. So they still look like bulls as of now.
Good Eye. :cheers:

Coot your Nephew sounds like a good kid :thumbsup:

Ahhh yes, good idea to have them fixed.:thumbsup:

Longhorns are cool, you gonna let those horns grow out?
I like those big long sweeping horns.:)

So much for calving in better weather:D 5 inches of snow and I think 10 ft of mud:D 7 babies in a day:thumbsup: Barns pretty full. Only 17 to go. I calve 1/2 in spring 1/2 in fall.

Ahhh yes, good idea to have them fixed.:thumbsup:

Longhorns are cool, you gonna let those horns grow out?
I like those big long sweeping horns.:)

I used to but now I just raise a couple each year for myself.

Way to go with the calven Coot.:cheers:

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Good pics, nice horns on those guys.

Coot, I'm thinking of holding the bulls back a couple weeks to try to avoid at least 1 blizzard.:eek: I used to have a Fall calving herd [Sept-Oct] one thing about it, weather was never a factor.

Back