Browning A-5 Sweet 16

I have a 1960 28" vent rib Mod choke gun. It hardly gets used. I think it got out once last year on a ruff grouse walk. A gun I hunted for much of my adult life. Now I'm crippled up and don't get out like I wish I could. A great gun non the less. :thumbsup:

I've been using a Sweet 16, 28", vent rib, modified, in SD for the past five or six years. It has put my trusted old Light 12 in the back of the safe. The Sweet 16 is trimmer, a little lighter and if I do my part, the birds go down. As I've gotten older, the lighter gun makes a difference during a long day in the field.

I used mine for a lot of years......a bit heavy in the field.....Finding steel shot for wpa's isn't easy or cheep but I love the versatility...............I've since put it away and I'm keeping it for my 11 year old when he's ready.....

A5 Sweet

Belgium 1970, 28in, modified rib barrel. Caught the "sickness" from DZ and it's all I want to carry now. Sold my Benelli M2. The gun goes up and points something special, and it's hard to describe. It's fun to carry a piece of shotgun history in the field. I paid a little too much for mine, but that's ok. I hope you get one. I'll pass it down to my boy when my legs give out and my dog passes. Have fun finding the right one.

I cry inside every time I think of the one I had to sell a few years back (house repairs). In my opinion the standard in gauge and class is the Browning SWEET 16. I will have another some day, for keeps I hope.

I am back with another sweet 16 for this season, bought a shooter yesterday for reasonable price, already has some field wear so I won't worry about babying it. :D

I am back with another sweet 16 for this season, bought a shooter yesterday for reasonable price, already has some field wear so I won't worry about babying it. :D

Congrats! Where's the pics??????

I will try to post pic tomorrow. This one has plain matte non vent rib barrel. Vent ribs are pretty on a gun but I love looking down the non ribbed barrels when I mount it.

The sweet 16 was the gun that started it all for me. As a young teen it was the first gun I ever picked up and went WOW this feels completely different in balance , comfort and swing than any of the cheaper department store guns I had carried as a youth. Took me a while to progress where I could think about a pricier type gun but the safe is now full of vintage Parkers, Ithaca's ,Fox's and yes a Sweet Sixteen. It still handles as good as any gun I ever picked up.

Lefties ?

Was also curious if there were any lefties shooting the sweet sixteen or A-5's and did the ejection path ever bother you?

Back