Brock Lesnar Poacher of Trophy Deer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchodeluxe

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar could be in some hot water as the result of a hunting trip to the Great White North last year.

According to a report filed Thursday by the Edmonton Journal, the hulking heavyweight has been charged with illegal hunting practices stemming from a November 2010 visit to southeastern Alberta.

Along with his guide, Lesnar has reportedly been charged by the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Offices with three counts of unlawful possession of a wildlife (a whitetail deer), wastage of edible flesh (of a mule deer) and failure to immediately affix a tag to an animal.

Lesnar was reportedly supposed to appear in a Medicine Hat, Alberta court today to address the charges, but the proceedings were adjourned until Jan. 19.

Authorities were reportedly led to Lesnar after the inspection of a taxidermist in Lethbridge, a city roughly two hours west of Medicine Hat.

“A whitetail deer was found in the possession of the taxidermist and was not tagged, and as a result of that, an investigation ensued,” said Sustainable Resource Development spokesman Darcy Whiteside in the report. “It is the responsibility of both the hunter and the guide to follow the regulations as it relates to hunting.”

The offenses reportedly carry with them a maximum penalty of $50,000 and one year in prison per count.

My .02
I think I saw this hunt on TV a couple weeks ago. He shot a decent muley but I wouldn't have shot it from the front porch,let alone traveled to Canada to pay big money for it. Anyway, they showed a huge (180ish) whitetail on film and mentioned that he killed this buck on a follow-up trip. I thought it sounded funky. Presumed innocent for now,but this guy is a douche-bag. Now I hope Overeem puts the smackdown on him.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar could be in some hot water as the result of a hunting trip to the Great White North last year.

According to a report filed Thursday by the Edmonton Journal, the hulking heavyweight has been charged with illegal hunting practices stemming from a November 2010 visit to southeastern Alberta.

Along with his guide, Lesnar has reportedly been charged by the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Offices with three counts of unlawful possession of a wildlife (a whitetail deer), wastage of edible flesh (of a mule deer) and failure to immediately affix a tag to an animal.

Lesnar was reportedly supposed to appear in a Medicine Hat, Alberta court today to address the charges, but the proceedings were adjourned until Jan. 19.

Authorities were reportedly led to Lesnar after the inspection of a taxidermist in Lethbridge, a city roughly two hours west of Medicine Hat.

“A whitetail deer was found in the possession of the taxidermist and was not tagged, and as a result of that, an investigation ensued,” said Sustainable Resource Development spokesman Darcy Whiteside in the report. “It is the responsibility of both the hunter and the guide to follow the regulations as it relates to hunting.”

The offenses reportedly carry with them a maximum penalty of $50,000 and one year in prison per count.

My .02
I think I saw this hunt on TV a couple weeks ago. He shot a decent muley but I wouldn't have shot it from the front porch,let alone traveled to Canada to pay big money for it. Anyway, they showed a huge (180ish) whitetail on film and mentioned that he killed this buck on a follow-up trip. I thought it sounded funky. Presumed innocent for now,but this guy is a douche-bag. Now I hope Overeem puts the smackdown on him.

I can tell you this. The media ALWAYS paints the worst picture they can...Lies and crap sells. Take Jeff Foiles as a example. Facing over 20 felonies and get's two misdemeanors. A ex-wife sleeping with a former employee telling tales lead to much of the allegations. I believe NOTHING the media slings through their manure spreader. They have NO love of any hunter/gun owner.

Your right onpoint, I never take the media at its word cus in the end the truth is often something else.

Yes, Certainly the Medicine Hat, Alberta newspaper rivals the NY Times as a bastion of liberalism.

The article I read said Foiles copped a plea @13 months and $100,000--misdeamenors?. I don't know much about it tho.

The Ted Nugent thing was an embarssment to the Liberal Sioux Falls Argus leader.

What taxidermist does not get your hunting info??

When I used to hunt in Canada the guide told us what ducks we could shoot how many and the slot limit for the fish also. I would have been lost trying to figure out everything the MN laws are bad enough some years.
I would put 99.9999% of this on the Guide and the Taxidermist
If I was famous I would hunt under a different name now a days.

Wonder if Brock will be dissappearing from the Scent Shield Commercials anytime soon???

Chris, obviously the product did not work for him, as he is smelling pretty bad right now!:D:D

Let's see what happens at the hearing or trial before he gets labeled!!!! Time will tell us a lot more!!!

When I used to hunt in Canada the guide told us what ducks we could shoot how many and the slot limit for the fish also. I would have been lost trying to figure out everything the MN laws are bad enough some years.

I agree 100%

I'm sure the guide most likely took care of the transporting to the taxidermist. Why as you said, any taxidermist would even except a untagged animal is beyond me. It was also very likely that the guide had the license waiting for the hunters when they arrived. Many times they even do the tagging of the animal when they do the dressing and capping of it.

The public is hungry for a juicy story and love to jump on with the get a rope crowd. Many think the worst immediately. I have already read the name calling, degrading things on this matter across the net and it's only a few days old. The Foiles bashing became so wide and mean on the net. That a young man from Utah on Foiles pro staff took his own life because of what people said and did on the net. He left a wife and young daughter alone.

The list only grows, seems like there's a move in U.S. fish and game and Canadian authorities to make headline arrests of hunters in the spot light

Ted Nugent
Jeff Foiles
Larry Czonka
Jimmy Houston
Babe Winkilman
Troy Gentry
Brock Lesner

I'm sure there's more, those are just off the top of my head. Sit back and let things play out before passing judgment or joining in on any bashing. The news papers very rarely report on anything good. Good news don't sell. Their very good at building a negative story..negative sells.

Funny how hunters & gun owners immediately identify the liberal media and their negative views on guns. They are quick to not be lead into that same media's negative views on gun ownership but that same anti gun media can then report a hunting violation and it's the gospel truth. Like it or not folks. I read a write up in a hunting publication. They said nearly 70% of those employed in fish & game do not hunt or fish. People with anti views are being educated and are finding jobs that put them in areas of the system to make decisions on the enforcement, rules and the future of our sport. Think about that.

Onpoint

Last edited:
I think this is a pile a crap. I know him from meeting him a few times here. He lives in the Alex Area. He is a super nice guy and caters to wild life more then 99% of us on this site on his farm here. It sounded to me like it was a paid guides fault and what the jerk up there is doing is being a jerk over nothing. There is a plenty of us that don't eat every scrap, heart and other innards from a dang deer. How many of you eat the neck meat all blown up from rut? Yuk. How many of you eat the brown bloody meat next to the bullet hole. YES the media is a joke.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
As I mentioned innocent is the presumption. IF the allegations are true,it's ridiculous to say it's the guide's fault entirely. There's a big diff. between a guide assisting you to not overbag on ducks and killing a nearly B&C Whitetail buck,then having it show up at the taxidermist without a tag. The guide should be doing the right thing and looking out for the resource and his outfitters license. I suspect that after confirming the show I saw was the situation in question,that Lesnar may have killed the whitetail on the same trip. Perhaps offered the outfitter a price he couldn't refuse? (This is a HUGE,not just big deer). Bottom line: As a sportsman it is YOUR responsibility to be certain you are legal and to blame the situation on anyone but yourself is simply denial.
No one dislikes the anti-gun media more than I, but I highly suspect you will see convictions here. I know not of the other gentleman referenced (Foiles) but generally speaking, just because felony charges are reduced to misdemeanors does not neccessarily mean he was not guilty of more serious charges. Just that a prosecuter has chosen where and how to use limited resources.

Could very well be the taxidermist who spilled the beans.I know a lot of them and every one would take the animal and your information and turn it over to the authorities as soon as you left. In SD you will lose your license to practice taxidermy for accepting an untagged animal.If it's true, the only guys to blame are the one who pulled the trigger and the one who said it was OK to do so. If the outfitter had a landowner tag,or whatever they call it there, that tag would have been on the deer.Notice no charges against the taxidermist? If this was the result of a random audit of the taxidermist,or the info came from a tip, he would be right in the middle of it with the others.Guaranteed.

As far as the assumed name,well that's a crime as well. Likely wouldn't help to use an assumed identity if your intent is to broadcast the hunt on nationwide tv?

just because felony charges are reduced to misdemeanors does not neccessarily mean he was not guilty of more serious charges. Just that a prosecuter has chosen where and how to use limited resources.

So, if a person who was charged with any of these crimes, is found guilty of a lessor charge or even found not guilty. That doesn't matter because they will forever be convicted in the eye's of those who choose to ignore them being proven otherwise?

Not much need for a court or justice system then. That's why we have the system. Too many innocent people where strung up by mobs wanting instant justice. They didn't care who did it, just that someone payed for a crime and payed now.

So, if a person who was charged with any of these crimes, is found guilty of a lessor charge or even found not guilty. That doesn't matter because they will forever be convicted in the eye's of those who choose to ignore them being proven otherwise?

Not much need for a court or justice system then. That's why we have the system. Too many innocent people where strung up by mobs wanting instant justice. They didn't care who did it, just that someone payed for a crime and payed now.

Found not guilty or innocent is vastly different than charges being reduced or pled down. In the interest of fairness one would have to read the authorities reports,not take the media's word for it. And yes there is some truth to what you say. In younger days I was ticketed for an illegal lane change. When i went to court the first thing the judge told me was "You can plead to a lesser charge of parking on the roadway,it's not considered a moving offense." my logic told me the insurance co would look at that more favorably. Guess what? When came time to pay my premium they billed me using the original charge. Prosecuters have to pick their battles, still doesn't mean the original charges weren't relevant. They would have charged largely based on input from the investigators who gave them the info.Then use their resources to balance getting some kind of conviction without trial. This in order to deal with the perv who diddled your kid.

I see both sides. If your a celebrity hunter, you better dot the "I" and cross the "T" on everything you do. Government has a theory of "holding to a higher level of accountability", If they ever say that phrase to you.... look out! Obviously they get a lot of deterent, careers are made, and PR mileage out of celebrity violators. On the other hand a lot of game laws are written with a statute of "apparent guilt", if you are in a public marsh while someone is shooting after, or before hours, chances are you will get ticketed upon arrival at the parking lot. If you hire a guide and hunt over a baited field or duck pond, you are responsible and assumed to be knowledgable and guilty of shooting over bait, and will be cited and convicted because it is presumed you know of it, same as if you did it yourself. In suburbia these days, you will get ratted out for having not raked your leaves, shovelled the sidewalk of snow, having your dog in an kennel, (it's inhumane you know), so you must be negligent, having a camper in your driveway, ( unsightly), leaving your garage door open, I swear I didn't make these up. Used to be if a neighbor had a leaf or snow problem we raked or shovelled it ourselves, expected nothing, were rewarded in kind and as able or needed, or at least had the simple decency to mind our own business. Now it's incumbent upon the new american to avoid interaction with the issue directly,but call in the third party gestapo, police,sheriff, homes association, to anonymously accuse without any repercusion, sometimes baselessly. As in the angry ex-wife, possibly. We used to have more dignity. I suspect in wildlife violations where there is smoke there is some fire, but more like a campfire than a forest fire. Forest fires are a lot more interesting.

I see both sides. If your a celebrity hunter, you better dot the "I" and cross the "T" on everything you do. Government has a theory of "holding to a higher level of accountability", If they ever say that phrase to you.... look out! Obviously they get a lot of deterent, careers are made, and PR mileage out of celebrity violators. On the other hand a lot of game laws are written with a statute of "apparent guilt", if you are in a public marsh while someone is shooting after, or before hours, chances are you will get ticketed upon arrival at the parking lot. If you hire a guide and hunt over a baited field or duck pond, you are responsible and assumed to be knowledgable and guilty of shooting over bait, and will be cited and convicted because it is presumed you know of it, same as if you did it yourself. In suburbia these days, you will get ratted out for having not raked your leaves, shovelled the sidewalk of snow, having your dog in an kennel, (it's inhumane you know), so you must be negligent, having a camper in your driveway, ( unsightly), leaving your garage door open, I swear I didn't make these up. Used to be if a neighbor had a leaf or snow problem we raked or shovelled it ourselves, expected nothing, were rewarded in kind and as able or needed, or at least had the simple decency to mind our own business. Now it's incumbent upon the new american to avoid interaction with the issue directly,but call in the third party gestapo, police,sheriff, homes association, to anonymously accuse without any repercusion, sometimes baselessly. As in the angry ex-wife, possibly. We used to have more dignity. I suspect in wildlife violations where there is smoke there is some fire, but more like a campfire than a forest fire. Forest fires are a lot more interesting.

I am not worthy(bow)....:thumbsup: great post

Spot-on.Kudos

What people don't seem to get is, people like this PAY for every thing to be taken care of right. Typical Anti here, people calling guilty, until proven innocent. Thats what disgusts me the most. What are we headed back to the "HANG THE WITCH" days just because some idiot yells it?

What people don't seem to get is, people like this PAY for every thing to be taken care of right. Typical Anti here, people calling guilty, until proven innocent. Thats what disgusts me the most. What are we headed back to the "HANG THE WITCH" days just because some idiot yells it?

I agree 100% FC,

Foiles was a major scumbag of the worst kind...routinely shot well over the limit for his video production purposes....baited....tortured injured but not yet dead birds on camera rather than dispatching them....even went into a park closed to hunting, put out bread as bait, and then poached geese that came to it while posing as hunting legally for wild birds--because he saw that many of the geese wore neck and leg bands which he wanted for his "necklace".

All allegations, much of was never proven in court. A disgruntled ex-wife and former employee sleeping with her supplied much of the tall tails. I wouldn't go labeling folks who choose to NOT believe everything they read as something this sport doesn't need. People can say ANYTHING..proving it a court of law is another. Lots of people with motivation these days to further their career with just one famous name. It's like everybody's on commission. The whole justice system is broke IMO. A district/county attorneys job is to put folks in jail..weather they are innocent or guilty. He/she wants to paint the worst picture they can and use today's media to gain support for his case from the public.. A lawyers job is to get them off, weather they are innocent or guilty. He/she wants to paint the best picture they can of the person they are defending. They say a lawyer is one of the lowest forms of life when it comes to their career. A county/district attorney is no better. Each of their career's are measured on how many people they either put in jail or got off. The guilt or truth meaning nothing really in the end.

Does it look better to readers of a news paper or listeners or watchers of TV & radio if you say the person was (1)speeding....or (2)The person was speeding, reckless driving, child endangerment and inattentive driving? Pretty spicy 2nd one isn't it? all of which they can tack on these days to simple speeding. They could say that the speeding warranted these other infractions. Bingo, this person goes from just a speeder to a real scum bag instantly. See what I mean?

UFC’s Lesnar resolves Canadian hunting charges; pleads guilty to tag infraction, pays fine

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...on-pays-fine/2011/12/20/gIQAkN2o7O_story.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back