Bragging Board - Your Birds, Dogs and Hunts

Hi all, got out today for a short time prior to family activities today. Saw a few birds, roosters were wild, but Raina was able to pin one down. She also had some great points on hens (which of course held rather well!)

Anyway, I used my 12ga Buhag "Hubertus"

DSCN13511.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Greg

Hi all, went out with Will today, it was a cold one, around 3 above, but not much wind so it was not too bad. Anyway, only saw 2 birds today, 1 rooster which I got and 1 hen. Really odd, hunted thick stuff, wood lots and other cover, just like they up and disappeared. Just a matter of timing I guess as we saw plenty of tracks. Oh well, that's hunting!

I used my 16ga Dickinson

DSCN13521.jpg

Best!

Greg

Our season ends tomorrow and I don't think I'll make it out again so this bird today was the last rooster of the year for me. We flushed about 10 roosters (mostly out of range) and a couple of hens but only one came home. My buddy and his uncle went with me and added a couple rabbits to the bag which the dogs enjoyed since I never shoot any for them.

Our season ends tomorrow and I don't think I'll make it out again so this bird today was the last rooster of the year for me. We flushed about 10 roosters (mostly out of range) and a couple of hens but only one came home. My buddy and his uncle went with me and added a couple rabbits to the bag which the dogs enjoyed since I never shoot any for them.

Are the bunny foo foos as good as sharp tail?

Hi all, well today was Will's day! He was able to get 2 nice roosters and I was able to get a late season grouse. Was a tad windy today, about 18mph or so. Not bad temps, so a very enjoyable day. Tomoorow is the last day of our season, so I hope we do well.

Will used his 12ga Fabarm

DSCN13531.jpg

I used my 12ga SIACE

DSCN13541.jpg

Best!

Greg

Hi all, well this will be the last picture I post as our upland season ended today. We went out and got skunked royally! Saw a couple birds, but nothing to bust a cap on. Wish could have closed the year with a bird or two, but still we were able to get out from the opener to the end. It was a good season, not great, but good. Had some memorable days and some not so memorable. But that's hunting. It was a safe season, no close calls or incidents, I'm thankful for that. The most important thing was I was able to get out and was able to hunt with my boys. I consider myself to be very blessed with them and where I live. I just want to thank God and St Hubert for another year in the field.

My three best hunting partners, bar none! Jim, Will and Raina.

DSCN13551.jpg

Until later, for those of you who can still hunt, I trust you'll have a great and safe rest of the season!

Best!

Greg

Back