Been A Hell Of A Ride

henhenROOSTER!!!

Sorry Dudes,
I kinda went totally AWOL on UPH for awhile. Dec & Jan were not kind at all to the pheasant hunter in me. After all the circus of my son's cancer & elderly caretaking & death of my wife's parents over the last couple yrs, I spent from Christmas/NY's "holidays" up to now dealing with my own precious/beloved mother's sudden & totally unexpected rapid-onset of vascular dementia (due to multiple, ongoing mini-strokes) & settling her into her new permanent "home" in a special care alzheimer's/dementia unit. Just for icing on the cake, my dog has a torn ACL & is out of hunting commission until well after surgery sometime next yr + I tore a glute excercising my @$$ off trying to lose weight (didn't even know that was humanly possible prior to now)... :p :D :( :mad:

Got out two times this yr - once for the opener (a total bust bird-wise, but still fun with friends) & once in early Dec with a couple UPH-forum friends (which turned out to be one of the most nostalgic/aesthetically-pleasing, memorable & bird-filled hunts of my entire lifetime). Here's Hoping to get out one last bittersweet time on the final wknd of the CO season - minus my dog, as merely a shooting companion! :cheers:

Best wishes to you and your Family.You will be in my prayers.

Dang, I feel your pain. I'm sending my thoughts, prayers and well wishes..along with some good luck on the last weekend of hunting.

It's been a tough 3-4 months here also.

Rooster, good to hear from you, glad you had some time with your friends.
I'm hoping all will work out with you and yours.

Hope your run of bad luck is over and your next hunting season is a good one.

sad to hear- hang in there- some say a test of a man is how he pulls thru hard times- wish you best of luck this year-

I have been doing a little workout to get ready for a hard ski coming up in the mountains- somethings wrong with my shoulder- shees- getting old and trying to get in shape in a hurry is not so good-

may 2012 be everything you want it to be

Man, you are one tough guy to make it through all of that. I'll definitely say a prayer for you.

Good luck if you get out this weekend.

Hang in there; you'll be rewarded!

Back