Bad dog owners

That's right owners that don't control their dogs are BAD. I bet I have seen 2 dozen hunting dogs running wild through wildlife areas and it's making me mad:mad: These dogs are doing nothing but destroying nest and killing birds:mad: Its not helping the hunting cause any. Many farmers have said why should we care about habitat when hunter don't care about what their dogs are doing:mad: The only bright side to this is I have not seen a lab running wild:thumbsup: I hope none of you guys are letting your dogs run wild.

wild dogs

i think you are blowing smoke. i can't for the life of me seeing what you are stating as being common enough to be a problem except in your mind and also why is it just hunting dogs. the proportion just isn't there

cheers

Well lets see. Superhunters always buy the acreage buy the hunting areas. Proof of that is the antlers hanging on the garage:thumbsup: They have dog houses and some crappy short tailed hunting dog:thumbsup: Its been on here before South Dakota the tame pheasant state has tons of hunting dogs running around because owners left them. I guess us farmers don't know what we are talking about around here. Thanks for setting us straight:thumbsup:

I would suggest that dog running the wildlife area must be close by residents, or been dumped. Missouri has a law to shoot dogs chasing deer, or harassing wildlife. If the dogs are residents at some homestead, Guessing where wildlife areas are located, those are probably farm dogs let loose, owned by farmers. Now I you want question the fact that a lot of "hunting dogs" are wastrels, I concur, Most are ignored in the kennel, run wild through the area, with bells, whistles, and bellowing, for their 2 days a year of "freedom". All farmer's chickens, small livestock, and cats are wary. Always easy to get permission when the dogs are fighting over a dead limp cat in the yard, or chasing a chicken. Scenes I have seen before. Bad behavior, shoot, Bad owners, cross of your list. My theory, at some point, the dog could have been salvaged. The Human probably not!

crappy short tailed hunting dog

I reckon Hank is innocent; he has NO tail, lol. I agree with the "local residents' dogs" comment, however. What vexes me also is folks who routinely haul their dogs around unfettered in the back of a pickup; I stopped the other day to check & ultimately remove a dead Chessie from the middle of a rural highway in the middle of nowhere. I can only assume that it jumped out of the back of a moving truck.

single dogs mostly. One area super hunter has 2 of them running wild in the wildlife areas. see them everyday when I check south farms:mad: Two of the dogs kids are having dad care for them on the farm not doing a very good job:( They are hunting dogs not s##t eaters. Farmer use to count 400+ birds in the winter down to 20-50 last two winters. Blame everything but the hunters dog:thumbsup: I know of five short tailed hunting dogs in that area that run wild. Super hunters Moved in three years ago.

Some guys are idiots, Coot & there's no fixing stupid. My dog goes everywhere with me, but he doesn't run at large; you'd think guys would keep their dogs close if for no other reason than to protect their investment . . . ain't nothing cheap about buying & training a good dog. My reason for doing so is that Hank is my buddy & partner and deserves top-notch care, companionship, & protection from me. Your post gives support to the concept that some people should be neutered, too.

Now if Coot was neutered, what would we do for entertainment:D

You could be on the verge of a new fad diet breakthough, Driggs . . .

Wisconsin Handles their dogs

Might be a South Dakota thing but in 3 years hunting in WI I've not seen a single dog running wild in a hunting area (or for that matter ranging far from a owner out hunting). I average hunting 3x times a week during the season every week (rain, sleet or snow).
I don't know what to tell you on this one.

We had a Wiener Dog in the yard yesterday, MAN! was I ever PIZZED!!:confused:

Then I decided I liked the Wiener dog better then my dogs, gonna trade em in. :)

:
We had a Wiener Dog in the yard yesterday, MAN! was I ever PIZZED!!:confused:

Then I decided I liked the Wiener dog better then my dogs, gonna trade em in. :)

Those weiner dogs are voracious predators! After they roll over and piss themselves, running amok through the neighborhood, and wildlife areas, fear biting any 6 year old child in the way. I keep vigil for the Bichon Frizze, ( know by me as a biching frizze, because of there yapping bark), and the 8 # Yorkie. I keep my old double with it's triggers wired together to blut the charge! :)

So I've had it with these guys.:rolleyes:

Come Fall expect Wiener dogs in my pics. I'm thinking I won't have to walks quite as fast to keep up. :confused::eek:

I want a :coolpics: of the wiener dog:) One of the roaming hunting dog owners built a dog pen:thumbsup: finally the pheasants can nest:thumbsup:

Back