Are you staying home?

Just drove 1800 miles one way to watch my son play collegiate tennis in Florida; my gas bill will be about $150-200 more due to high gas prices for the round trip…paid about $4.50 on the way down here…just arrived. If anybody cancels hunting trips due to gas being a buck or two more per gallon, they were already cutting it too close. Don’t eat out for a month before or after the trip, or cut out superfluous expenses like $3 coffee, pull tabs/gas station gambling, etc, etc. lots of room for most of us to save a few hundred bucks over a month or two…

i've already booked SD and NE. hoping gas isn't $10/gal by then

I don't think gasoline is going to be high when we get to the fall. Just my prediction. I could certainly be wrong though.

Luckily all of my bird hunting is within an hour of my house. If I had to drive more than a couple hours to hunt, I would not be going nearly as much.

I don't think gasoline is going to be high when we get to the fall. Just my prediction. I could certainly be wrong though.

Luckily all of my bird hunting is within an hour of my house. If I had to drive more than a couple hours to hunt, I would not be going nearly as much.
i agree, i think it should settle around $4.50 gallon.

Just got fired up from Pheasant Fest--got an energy-crazed yellow Lab that lives to hunt birds---yeah buddy, I'm going next fall---more than once.

Stay home !! No way ..no how…not even a passing thought

Lets just use this as an example..
1000 mile round trip..(just my average)
20mpg
Gas @$3.00 gal =$150
Gas @ 4.50 gal. =$225
$75 dollars difference!! Big deal😳

Back