A few pics of my birds

quail hound

Let's get this started, post pics of birds you have raised. I'll start with some of mine.

100MEDIA95IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

Last here is a pic of my melanistic a month out of the pen. It's been about 2 months now and he is still crowing.

IMAG0228.jpg

I wish some of those turkey would have got 20-30 yards away from my blind this morning! :D

:coolpics:

Lol. Those birds are only a year old so they aren't long beards quite yet.:D The rancher I raise them for let a 11 year old girl get her first "wild turkey" at his ranch. Don't tell her that bird was raised in a pen.

My favorite pic is the bob white sitting on the hen pheasants back.:thumbsup:

That looks like a nice collection. What do the neighbors think of all the birds in such close proximity?

That looks like a nice collection. What do the neighbors think of all the birds in such close proximity?

I haven't had any complaints yet except for the night i forgot to put the turkeys back in there pen and they decided to roost on my neighbors roof.:eek: A lot of people around here keep chickens and none of my birds are any louder than the neighborhood roosters.:thumbsup:

Fun stuff you got there Quail Hound:thumbsup:
As long as the Melastic is hanging out, ought to have a hen or two out there.:cool:

a good doing descendant of penraised Ringnecks. I see this guy every few days. There are at least 3 hens hanging around to.
I'm about a 100 miles North of MN pheasant range and may never have huntable numbers. Doesn't matter, just like knowing their there.:)

como0312.jpg

Fun stuff you got there Quail Hound:thumbsup:
As long as the Melastic is hanging out, ought to have a hen or two out there.:cool:

a good doing descendant of penraised Ringnecks. I see this guy every few days. There are at least 3 hens hanging around to.
I'm about a 100 miles North of MN pheasant range and may never have huntable numbers. Doesn't matter, just like knowing their there.:)

como0312.jpg

Nice looking bird.:coolpics: I let 2 roosters (1 melanistic and 1 regular ringneck) and 4 hens. I haven't seen the ringneck rooster since he squared off and lost a fight with the melanistic about a month ago. I think 3 of the 4 hens are doing good and I've seen the rooster with 2 of them a few times. Since we lost our neighborhood fox we don't really have any predators so hopefully they do good.:thumbsup:

Nice pics QH. How many pens do you have? PM me when you get a chance I want to talk with you about something you may be interested in with pheasant breeding:)

I have 5 breeder pens right now. I used to have a flight pen with 4 sections in a farmers barn down the road but he sold the property and it doesn't look like the new owner is going to let me use them anymore. Unless I work out a new flight pen I don't think I'm going to raise any this year.:mad: Maybe just some quail in my breeder pens.

A friend is raising these White winged pheasant near Canadian, Texas. He has been releasing at least 50 a year for the last five years, right there on his place. He has seen chicks.

Last edited:
Nice pics QH. How many pens do you have? PM me when you get a chance I want to talk with you about something you may be interested in with pheasant breeding:)

1pheas4, your pm box is full. Go ahead and pm or email my email is on my profile page.:thumbsup:

Beautiful birds Preston, do you know where he got his stock? I believe having a big enough pen to raise your birds without blinders is a big plus for birds that are to be released.

Beautiful birds Preston, do you know where he got his stock? I believe having a big enough pen to raise your birds without blinders is a big plus for birds that are to be released.

Some of his birds came from private breeders and some of his stock came from Macfarlane Pheasant farm.

The feathers look kind of bad in the pens but the birds that survive in the wild their feathers and tails are awesome. And once in the wild the hens are very secretive keeping a low profile.

Back