2nd sporting clays fun shoot/get together

I have shot at Kiowa Creek. According to their website they serve lunch on the weekends. Not much around for grub though. They are close to Watkins so maybe there is something there. Also they get $45 a round but their calendar is clear.

I had heard they serve lunch on weekends, I wonder if you have to make reservations for lunch. $45 is probably the going price for non members every where else as well.
Have to see what the other guys have to say. I am happy with shooting where ever the most guys want to go.

how about Quail run and we can eat at the steak house again or Kiowa creek and I can see about lunch there for everyone so long as I have a count of people coming.
Jim

Here we go, Quail Run on the 10th of August, meet at 9:30 am, sign in than proceed to the range and start shooting at 10:00 am and should be finished around noon or so than go to the steak house just east of Quail Run. Need to know who is coming so that we can be looking for you and not start until you get there.

I won't be able to make it as we will be getting back from dropping our younger daughter off at college in McPherson, KS. :(

We have one more in the house, my son is a freshman in high school this fall.

I told my daughter if you happen, just happen :eek: to meet someone in college and he is from Kansas, make sure that his family has a huge spread/land full of roosters and other game....:thumbsup: Then we will have to go hunting and I will make sure he knows just how good of a shot I am :D

Greg

I won't be able to make it as we will be getting back from dropping our younger daughter off at college in McPherson, KS. :(

We have one more in the house, my son is a freshman in high school this fall.

I told my daughter if you happen, just happen :eek: to meet someone in college and he is from Kansas, make sure that his family has a huge spread/land full of roosters and other game....:thumbsup: Then we will have to go hunting and I will make sure he knows just how good of a shot I am :D

Greg

Greg, Nebraska or S.D. would not be bad either!!!!!!:D Congrats on getting one out of the nest!!! I can't wait and then I will be the opposite and miss them.

Greg, Nebraska or S.D. would not be bad either!!!!!!:D Congrats on getting one out of the nest!!! I can't wait and then I will be the opposite and miss them.

My son was dating a nice one at KU. Her family had some big ground around Wakeeney. He couldn't make it last through hunting season though.:mad: Trying to get him to go to like SD State. He might have take a slump buster for the team:D

You do miss them when there gone, but I am ready for the other two also.

powbass,
We will meet at Quail Run in Kiowa at 9:30 am, sign in than when everyone is there and signed in we will head down to the range and start shooting. Afterwards we can go to the steak house there in Kiowa to eat and BS some.T he steak house isn't to expensive and does have burgers and such.

still a little while aways yet and probably to early to commit but I would like an idea of who plans on coming providing nothing comes up to interfere with you coming.
Jim

My hunting partner and I will be there. Actually we are headed out there tomorrow just for some claybustin'.............

I am planning on going tomorrow with some friends to practice some so I don't make a fool of myself in a couple of weeks. No more birds than they say are going to be out their to hunt I guess I had better practice so I can make every shot count.:(

went out to quail run today to find out they are having a shoot on the 10th so we can either shoot on the 11th,Sunday, or shoot on this coming Saturday the 3rd. Need to hear back from everyone so we can make plans or what ever.
Jim

I just found out that quail run is having a shoot both the 10th and 11th so I guess I need to hear from you guys what you would like to do. Quail Run had been busy setting up shoots, they just had one for a charity shoot, one coming up for the navy seals and a few more charity shoots so I have to constantly stay alert of their schedule.
Get back with me guys about what you want to so. We can go this coming weekend to quail run or perhaps to kiowa creek or ? Just get with me.:confused:

Last edited:
Let's just keep it the 10th and go to Kiowa Creek..... I can't go this weekend. I have a CCW class to teach...

Back