2nd sporting clays fun shoot/get together

I just checked kiowa creeks schedule and they show nothing going on for the 10th of August so we will meet there at 10am get signed in and than head down to the range and shoot. As far lunch I am not aware of the area so I do not know what is available so if anyone does let us know so we can make arrangements.
For those who do not know how to get there go to their site and I think they have directions if not get in touch with me and I will put directions on the site. If not get their address and pull up mapquest. Now that is settled who thinks they will be going.:cheers:

It is now just less than a week away and so far the only replies I have received is from mustistuff and uplandehunter 67 who is bringing a friend. Is there anyone else coming. Must be alot of honeydo's out there. Man up guys :)
Hope to see more coming

clays

hard to imagine that with dove season in 3 weeks that a few more people out there don't need some practice, like maybe shooting some clays before the season starts, kinda seems like the deal when everybody wants to help out but when the work starts they can't show up because they have to spend time with their queen's or something. jim has put some effort into having a fun time and is getting put off, come on guy's

cheers

get together

I was going to make it, until I added up the cost. Makes no sense to spend
upwards of a $100 bucks, to drive that far and shoot at something that I can't eat. :cheers: Powbass

I am going to be stuck getting the house packed up. :( 2 weekends to pack up the house and haven't packed a box yet ... but have plenty of boxes. ;)

missed you buddy, was hoping you could have made it but you gotta do what you gotta do. There were 4 of us there today, uplandhunter, Matt, and his hunting buddy Dan, mustistuff, Spence and myself. I think all involved had a good time. Matt was high shooter with a 89 out of 100.
Am considering having another one but don't know due to lack of interest, heck the four of us had a good time I think so may do it anyway even if only two show up.

Anybody that didn't go missed out on a good time. We were finished up a little after noon so all you honey doers could have been home in time to placate the wives.... Pleasure to have met Jim and Spence. Dan and I had a great time so count us in for the next one. Never need to twist my arm to go bust clay birds.
Jim had to deal with a mechanical issue with his shotgun so I am sure he could have beat my score... Did you get it fixed????

co_weimar, yeah we had a pretty good time and hopefully you will make the next one should we have one.
Matt you know it is nice that you can tell your wife you are going to do something on a certain day and you don't have to worry about if you can go or not, now you may have to do some honey dos for the little lady before the event but at least you can go not like some guys on this forum:) that should stir up some responds:)
You guys missed a good time, I know it can be expensive for some as you have to drive a ways and it is not cheap to shoot considering the gas cost, shells, paying to shoot and all but if we have another one anyone in Colorado Springs can ride with me at no cost as I am going anyway and I am sure the other guys, Spence, and Matt would do the same.
Hopefully if we have another get together we can get more to come.

co_weimar I hate moving and packing up my stuff so I feel your pain. Hope you got the house you wanted and this will be the last move for awhile. Only good thing about moving is that it gives me the motivation to throw stuff away that I should of years ago...

copheasanthunter I was kind of looking for a response from the forum. It was nothing more than a frendly poke in the ribs....
Is there a clays range down in the Springs somewhere? There seems to be a few Springs guys on the forum... We could do the next one down there and then maybe hit Great Guns up North on the next go round. Dan and I have no issues with putting some miles on. We drive to KS and back in one day for chasing feathers......

The worst thing about moving is moving. ;-)

It wouldn't be so bad if all I had to do was show up to the new house and everything was unpacked where I want it. :D

Matt,
there is one at Izaak Walton just east of town, we could go there and than great guns later on.
what you say guys, any takers, need to know if anyone is interested before she try to set it up. I know most are more interested in getting ready for dove/grouse hunting now

Matt,
I got my gun fixed, look out for next time,than you may only beat me by 12 birds instead of the 18 you beat me by on Saturday. You sure was dusting them.

hiting clays

you guy's all cheated, you took advantage of my age, i should have been given a handicap or something or maybe i'll give you one, you can shoot my 14 ga. next time, that'll fix ya

cheers

Back