2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

I love how Sage goes after the bird and thats part of the reason I got me a lab. My buddy tried telling me to get a pointer but it seems like a hunting dog should go after em and not just standing there like they had a stoke or somthing lulz

I appreciate the kind words, but would just add my $0.02 that a hunting dogs and hunting styles are as wide and varied as people who own them. I've watched some really good pointers pin down pheasants that Sage and I would have been running after. Love the dog you've got and know that the only people your style matters to is you and your dog. Best wishes on your journey!
GH, well said, much better that I could have attempted!

I appreciate the kind words, but would just add my $0.02 that a hunting dogs and hunting styles are as wide and varied as people who own them. I've watched some really good pointers pin down pheasants that Sage and I would have been running after. Love the dog you've got and know that the only people your style matters to is you and your dog. Best wishes on your journey!
I knew a guy who did ok, hunting with a German sheperd. He would retrieve, flush. Ect. He didn't have a great nose, but he could track birds. Awesome dog.

Probably the last bird I’ll shoot this year… we’re getting a blizzard here in Wisconsin, and with all the snow already in SD I don’t know if it’ll be worth coming out in mid January.. now what will I do for the next 9 months..?

Last Pheasant Hunt Of 2022? (Pheasant Number 30)

I have a nice lc smith 16. 1890 something. Case hardened. I inherited it.
You can’t throw that out and not post a picture. This is my 1905 LC 12b that ordered by a gentleman in NY as a live pigeon gun. It’s really a fun gun for trap and pheasant.
I also have a 1944 Field in 16b but it’s really plain.

if you have a serial number I can get you a year.

Attachments

• 9BACD497-6E47-4839-B774-378812F38D9E.jpeg
    9BACD497-6E47-4839-B774-378812F38D9E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
You can’t throw that out and not post a picture. This is my 1905 LC 12b that ordered by a gentleman in NY as a live pigeon gun. It’s really a fun gun for trap and pheasant.
I also have a 1944 Field in 16b but it’s really plain.

if you have a serial number I can get you a year.
Nice gun! I'll try to post a pic. I have never fired my old double barrel guns.I've never used double guns much.I may buy a 28 gauge beretta.

Nice gun! I'll try to post a pic. I have never fired my old double barrel guns.I've never used double guns much.I may buy a 28 gauge beretta.
In my older guns, I prefer to shoot RST loads. They are wicked on pheasants and easy on the old wood stocks.

This gem is from 1874-1885. It was rebarreled in 1962, but everything else is original. Thomas W. Perkes had a bunch of patents as a gunmaker and outworker, but only made a few guns in his own name.

Attachments

• Thomas W. Perkes.jpg
    Thomas W. Perkes.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 6
In my older guns, I prefer to shoot RST loads. They are wicked on pheasants and easy on the old wood stocks.

This gem is from 1874-1885. It was rebarreled in 1962, but everything else is original. Thomas W. Perkes had a bunch of patents as a gunmaker and outworker, but only made a few guns in his own name.
The double trigger would be hard to get used to. Really old double barrels are cool, if they are a Smith or Parker, or other quality players.

The double trigger would be hard to get used to. Really old double barrels are cool, if they are a Smith or Parker, or other quality players.
I don't notice the double triggers. I guess I have been shooting them for so many years now, it just seems natural.

Back