2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

I get out every weekend and try to produce one video a week. Here is the one from last week. I guess I didn't post it here
Luckiest double I ever seen!! Kidding. Pretty sweet. I'd have held off though, to prolong my hunt. And anyone who believes that will buy anything. I can always walk around with the dog AFTER my vest is full. Great hunt & great video at a special spot! Keep them coming.

Sage is a recovery extraordinaire! That is not an easy find in that deep cover with a lot of fresh bird scent. Nice shooting and a good video too! Keep them coming!

Sage is a recovery extraordinaire! That is not an easy find in that deep cover with a lot of fresh bird scent. Nice shooting and a good video too! Keep them coming!
Thanks, Remy. I think I jinxed myself with that hunt as I've had a couple frustrating outings since then. But, that's the nature of chasing wild birds!

They do call it "hunting" not "getting". Those times just happen, with shooting and bird recovery for me too. Right now I have been doing good with both, but a couple weeks ago I was in a slump with shooting and recovering birds. Sure makes a box of shells last longer when you aren't not in one of those slumps! Just like a confident basketball player, shoot your way out of the slump if you are in one.

They do call it "hunting" not "getting". Those times just happen, with shooting and bird recovery for me too. Right now I have been doing good with both, but a couple weeks ago I was in a slump with shooting and recovering birds. Sure makes a box of shells last longer when you aren't not in one of those slumps! Just like a confident basketball player, shoot your way out of the slump if you are in one.
Jealous of you guys in pheasant country. I'm outside of Kansas City, so several hours away from any decent pheasant hunting. Tough to shoot your way out of those slumps when you only get a chance every once in a while. Love all the pics and videos you guys post. Glad you are having success. I'll continue to live vicariously through you between outings.

Nick, I will do my best to make your vicarious life excellent! Yeah, maybe a bit spoiled, I can shoot my way out of a slump in the same morning I get in one, it just might take until noon or 1:00 if that happens! Lots of birds out there this season. You are just 4 hours south.

Nick, I will do my best to make your vicarious life excellent! Yeah, maybe a bit spoiled, I can shoot my way out of a slump in the same morning I get in one, it just might take until noon or 1:00 if that happens! Lots of birds out there this season. You are just 4 hours south.
Thanks Remy!

A private land Nebraska double from last weekend. I typically don't put all three dogs on the ground at once, but I had spent the previous two days at home with a sick kid so they really needed to be worked. The first bird in this video went unrecovered. My youngest dog was darn near to it. When I dumped the second bird, he pulled off of it. We spent a long time looking for it, I really hate losing a bird, but it was so dry that day. In the second video you see my 14 month old dog, Cash, with the retrieve.

Back