2022/2023 PHEASANT Hunting Videos

Thanks guys, I got a couple of smaller 1 min clips from GoPro I was thinking about posting. Just wasn’t sure if I wanted to mess with YouTube or not.

Thanks guys, I got a couple of smaller 1 min clips from GoPro I was thinking about posting. Just wasn’t sure if I wanted to mess with YouTube or not.
YouTube has many different settings. You can keep the videos private, so only you and anyone you share the link with are able to view it. If you do make it public, you can turn the comments off, etc. There aren't many trolls/keyboard warriors out there, but there's always some guy whose smarter, more handsome, a better shot, his dogs are better, and on and on and on. Weirdly enough, those guys don't have videos for anyone to see any of this otherworldly pheasant hunting. :)

After 5 straight hunts without seeing a single pheasant, they finally released some birds in Wisconsin.. forever envious of those of you living in SD!

Yeah, them SD boys have the life! I almost saw one this morning....oh well, maybe this weekend I will get eyes on a bird.

GH, did you take the Vets weekend off? I was expecting some fresh footage!

Yeah, them SD boys have the life! I almost saw one this morning....oh well, maybe this weekend I will get eyes on a bird.

GH, did you take the Vets weekend off? I was expecting some fresh footage!
I uploaded a video last Friday, but spent the weekend on my deer hunting trip with my dad. But I've got a video waiting in the wings. :)

Here's another one, hot off the press, that I took while GH/GS was deer hunting. Even acknowledged his silly deer hunting. Who DOES that during pheasant season?? 😉

GREAT video. I kept on thinking that A5 needs to introduce Ace to an accommodating female ESS; he's just a crackerjack hunter.

I'm going to try and save this to watch during those dark, cold, months when Winter grows long and Spring is never coming.

Thanks, a real pleasure.

BE safe.

GREAT video. I kept on thinking that A5 needs to introduce Ace to an accommodating female ESS; he's just a crackerjack hunter.

I'm going to try and save this to watch during those dark, cold, months when Winter grows long and Spring is never coming.

Thanks, a real pleasure.

BE safe.
Thanks Kismet. I make these videos mostly for that reason, so I can watch them in the offseason, but I'm happy others enjoy them too. This is Ace's 4th season & he's REALLY getting good, right up there with my other springers for sure. I went through the whole "should I neuter him or not" thing with my last dog. In the end, for me, the benefits of neutering outweigh the potential to get a puppy from them someday. So....Ace is no longer intact. My theory is that as long as I get a well-bred pup, I hunt enough that they can't help but get pretty good. I think it's about 20% breeding & 80% experience. It's worked so far.

Thanks Kismet. I make these videos mostly for that reason, so I can watch them in the offseason, but I'm happy others enjoy them too. This is Ace's 4th season & he's REALLY getting good, right up there with my other springers for sure. I went through the whole "should I neuter him or not" thing with my last dog. In the end, for me, the benefits of neutering outweigh the potential to get a puppy from them someday. So....Ace is no longer intact. My theory is that as long as I get a well-bred pup, I hunt enough that they can't help but get pretty good. I think it's about 20% breeding & 80% experience. It's worked so far.
50% breeding 50% experience If they don't have the drive they will never make maximum use of the experience. Enjoy the Ace. :)

Looks like we have access to some good cover there Agraham, nice videos, you have it down so the viewers don't get sea-sick watching! Nice work on the shooting...both types.

Looks like we have access to some good cover there Agraham, nice videos, you have it down so the viewers don't get sea-sick watching! Nice work on the shooting...both types.
Thanks, I’m in SE Mn and the public land cover is getting better every year. We hunt strictly public land.
A couple years ago you would hunt all day for 1 bird, the last couple years the population has gotten much better.

Back