2017 Hunting Season Photos - Let's See Them

Hey all, a bit OT (but there are birds in this thread) This weekend was our Deer Gun Opener, my son Jim, daughter Liz and myself all drew Doe tags. Opening day was windy as all get out (25 to 30 mph), but I was lucky and tagged out at 4pm. The rest of the weekend was great weather. Jim wasn't able to fill until Saturday and Liz still has to fill hers. Still have two weeks. Hope she can fill hers.

Myself and my doe (nothing huge, but average)

I used my Old Style Ruger M77RSI in 7mm-08

Jim and his deer (a button buck) he used his Browning A-Bolt in .25WSSM. He made a great shot on his, 260 yards!

I did bring a shotgun with and hunted birds while the kids were trying to fill there tags. I limited out and used my daughters 12ga Zabala Brittany. Jim carried the shotgun today, but nothing in the bag.

Jim and Liz

Great weekend overall. Sure did enjoy my hunting partners, best in the world!

Best,

Greg

Thanks for the kind words DD! Just 2 of my 8 kids.

Best,

Greg

Hey all, my son Will came home on Leave (from the Army) early this morning (at 3:30 am!!!) and after we slept a bit we did what we love the most....bird hunting. It was a good day with both my sons. We got birds and had a good time spending time with each other. Jim was the hot gun today, he limited (but lost one) and got a grouse. Will got two (but lost lost one) and I got one and a grouse. Raina did well, some very nice points.

My two best hunting partners in the world, Jim and Will

The boy's and Raina with the days bag

I used my 16ga FN to get these

We're going out again tomorrow, so I hope we do well!

Best,

Greg

Hey all, the boys and I went out today, not much luck. We hunted at a friends ranch today, didn't see many birds however. Just on of those days. I managed one and that was all for today.

My daughter made a marker for our old GSP Duchess. She's laid to rest where she had many good hunts with us. She looks over us when we hunt there and is with us in spirit. Sure do miss her

My sons and Raina

The days game, I used my12b Henry Atkin

Till later!

Greg

Couple of pics from last week in SD. First one was one shy of a limit on an old plow and the second one was a limit for 4 of us from the Birddog Bunkhouse. Great afternoon that day.

331muyd.jpg

30s9ikm.jpg

First time around this year it was introducing my Dad @65years young to the sport and yesterday I got my Mrs., Mother, daughter and nephew exposure to it for their first time. They had a blast!

Good job! Introducing new people to bird hunting is a blast.

Thanks!! It really is!! They all enjoyed it. My nephew whom is 10 absolutely loved it. Hopefully he will continue to join me. Also, I gave him an invite to the deer blind and he says he wants to go. Maybe a future hunting partner! My daughter has no choice when she gets older. Ha-ha kidding!

Back