2016 Crop Harvest Reports

Ne sd

Soybeans are being harvested quickly and should be complete by opening weekend. Very little corn has been harvested but that should change in the next week to 10 days. Lot of deer in our area and there are some birds but I don't think it's any better than last year. More CRP was baled this year than last year so that should limit the amount of cover and narrow down the places that will hold birds. SDViking

Rain tonight, tomorrow and Thursday will slow things down for much of this week. Forcasted to get some fairly good amounts.

Figured I would give this a little bump, to see what the progress has been out there - had a few days of rain last week, thanks for any responses! :thumbsup:

Our group hunts west river and with the recent couple nights of frost they are getting ready to take some test strip with combines this week.

Looks like things will be later and not earlier. From what I observed on Saturday there is going to be a lot of corn around for the rest of the month.

From what I saw today, from Tripp to Armour to Platte, the beans are almost done. I would think corn will be in full swing next week.

I love this time of year. The horizon is dotted with combines and big dust plumes from soybeans. I see guys starting on some corn as well here in the south. The weather is very dry and low humidity so they will finish beans as fast as possible and any wet corn will dry down rapidly. I have seen the weather turn corn that is not quite ready yet too "Holy Crap the combine is on fire".

Early harvest generally leads to better early season success for hunters. The crop harvest report will lag a week or two on its updates as far as percent of crop out.

Was down for the 7am wake up call at the local coop. Seems like a great hub of info as most everybody shuffles through there at some point during the morning. Everybody is working on getting corn out. Some fields holding lots of birds and some not.

Coop figures most corn will be harvested in next two weeks.

This is one of the warmest falls I can remember. Another 80 degree day forecast for the 31st and no subfreezing temps in sight.

Last edited:
I just got back from a hunt last week. All the beans are in, probably over half the corn is done with lots of work being done daily. Conditions were very dry where we hunted and the birds were found where there was water.

They were taking off Sunflowers where I was hunting and some had started getting the corn off.......I worked fields that were harvested the night before with adjacent crep grass on WIA lands

Back