2015-16 Rooster Photo Roundup - Photo Contest

pipers first 5 birds

Took her for a romp as a 10 week old. And good things happened. She's still wearing the pink camo duct tape collar that my daughter made her. She now has an official collar with name plate.

Thank you. I shoot Nikon. Mostly D90 and D7000....Most of the shots out my window are with a 55-300 or a 300 F4.

That's what I'm using too. Same lens but I can't get good shots of birds that are out there a ways. I priced out a larger lens but man:eek:

Nick

That's what I'm using too. Same lens but I can't get good shots of birds that are out there a ways. I priced out a larger lens but man:eek:

Nick

I get a lot of chances at photos of birds because I feed them right out where I want to photograph them. So I have learned alot by experimenting. I have been doing it for alot of years. Here is that same hen.View attachment 4907

I get a lot of chances at photos of birds because I feed them right out where I want to photograph them. So I have learned alot by experimenting. I have been doing it for alot of years. Here is that same hen.View attachment 4907

Wow. That camera does a great job with closer encounters doesn't it? If time permits, this spring I would like to set up in a ground blind and try to bring them in closer. We'll see. They usually don't like to come out of the cover around here--even in the spring time when it's time to show off their stuff. Sometime I can lure them out with a call and a decoy.

Do you have anymore photos?

Nick

View attachment 4908
Wow. That camera does a great job with closer encounters doesn't it? If time permits, this spring I would like to set up in a ground blind and try to bring them in closer. We'll see. They usually don't like to come out of the cover around here--even in the spring time when it's time to show off their stuff. Sometime I can lure them out with a call and a decoy.

Do you have anymore photos?

Nick

Hundreds........View attachment 4908

Back