2015-16 Rooster Photo Roundup - Photo Contest

IMG_20151114_111054_zpsc2tmvdus.jpg

i'll submit this for now, before the cameras really get busted out. Its about that time for me where the hunts become less about putting birds in the freezer, and more about never forgetting the walks, memories, laughs, jokes, and moments with friends and family.

Last edited:
photo contest

Some very nice photos entered and I enjoyed viewing them. How does one apply for participation in the contest and are there rules posted somewhere? Thanks.

Irishwhistler

Had a good night tonight. Got my first wild rooster with daughter along.

lol. Tbear, how did your little one do with taking her out on your back? For that matter how did you do? I was thinking of doing the same with my daughter. I know she'll have a blast.

Nick

Well, I can't beat Tbear's "family shot" - that's just about everything that is right in the world! But Pearl and I admired a beautiful sunrise this morning (and then proceeded to get skunked! LOL)

lol. Tbear, how did your little one do with taking her out on your back? For that matter how did you do? I was thinking of doing the same with my daughter. I know she'll have a blast.

Nick

I kept it short we would walk for about 30-45min and take a break. Made sure to have snack water. Total time out about 1.5hr. I'm not going to lie and im glad she is only 30lbs im going to have to find a different holder for her next year. Thinking of this http://piggybackrider.com/. I think if your kid loves the outdoors and has been around guns you owe it to her to take her.:thumbsup: I also had a buddy with and that helped out a lot.

Great pics posted!

I've been trying to get a few taken this year as well... here's one of my favs so far this fall.

Last edited:
I wish I'd been carrying one of my wife's DSLR's this weekend for the Kansas opener. The iPhone just doesn't allow for taking fast action pics-

It does allow you to capture your 8 year old nephew's first pheasant though, and second for that matter. Shooting a single shot .410, making us adults look like idiots as he rolled a rooster that made its way down the line. You couldn't wipe his smile off with a Brillo pad.

E9F5A5C1-B8AC-4543-B390-E72D802C06DF_zpsvure7eem.jpg

05748CD7-DACC-4D10-87BC-AA3D3697D0D7_zps1rmlnbrh.jpg

Awesome Cheesy, tell that young man we are all impressed.

Thanks for sharing pics everyone, great memories.:cheers:

Back