16 ga. Ammo

Dakotazeb

I just bought a case of Federal 16 ga. high brass 1 1/8 oz loads for $95. Probably not a super deal but I thought it was pretty good. I used these shells last year with excellent results. In fact I had better luck with these than I did with a box of Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads. Now all I need to do is find a similar buy on some Federal steel loads for tmy 16.

i just bought a case of federal 16 ga. High brass 1 1/8 oz loads for $95. Probably not a super deal but i thought it was pretty good. I used these shells last year with excellent results. In fact i had better luck with these than i did with a box of fiocchi golden pheasant loads. Now all i need to do is find a similar buy on some federal steel loads for tmy 16.

pretty good buy. Think you'll live long enough to get thru them all!!!:) dakotamart at pierre had the only steel 16 loads i have ever seen at a fair price.
________
Extreme Q

Last edited:
Think you'll live long enough to get thru them all!!!

Not only this case but many more!!!

Buck, do you remember the price on the 16 ga. steel loads at DakotaMart? What brand were they? I've been using the Federal Ultra-Shock High Velocity Steel. I've had good luck with them but they do run me about $18-19 a box.

Not only this case but many more!!!

Buck, do you remember the price on the 16 ga. steel loads at DakotaMart? What brand were they? I've been using the Federal Ultra-Shock High Velocity Steel. I've had good luck with them but they do run me about $18-19 a box.

I think the steel was Federal, possibly a couple bucks cheaper. I was just amazed at the variety of 16 ga they had there. Far better selection than Cabela's. I would not put steel thru my AYA 16, but maybe the 16 Uggie I picked up in December.
If I get to Pierre I'll take a closer look.
________
Extreme Vaporizer Review

Last edited:
I think the steel was Federal, possibly a couple bucks cheaper. I was just amazed at the variety of 16 ga they had there. Far better selection than Cabela's. I would not put steel thru my AYA 16, but maybe the 16 Uggie I picked up in December.
If I get to Pierre I'll take a closer look.

I can check it out, Im from Pierre.

what information do we need?

what information do we need?

Loking for 16 ga. steel. What brand, shot size, oz. of shot (most are 15/16 oz.) and of course price. Maybe if Buck and I go together we can buy a case or two and get a special deal.

well dakotamart didnt have much. Runnings Farm and Fleet had just LEAD.

1 1/8 oz.

5 shot

Federal LEAD Upland Load

18.99 a box.

---------------------------

1 1/4 oz

4 shot

Federal LEAD Wing Shok

26.99 a box.

----------------------

1 1/8 oz

6 shot

Federal LEAD Game Shok

--------------------------------

and the ONLY Steel i found was this:

15/16 oz

4 shot

2 3/4 inches

Federal Steel Ultra-Shok

-------------------------
Runnings had this:

1 1/8 Oz

6 Shot

Fedral LEAD Game Shok

I didnt look at the winchester or other brands there. I just looked at the Federals.

Last edited:
Boy, no deals there. Makes my purchase of the Federal Game Shok 1 1/8 oz. at $9.50 a box look pretty good. I can buy the Federal steel Ultra Shok here in Aberdeen for $18.75 a box and if I buy a case I can get them for less.

Buck, want to split a case of the Federal steel?

crap! things in Pierre is expensive!

LOL.

I usually buy my stuff at Gary's Gun Shop in Winner where my farm is, the only thing I buy in Pierre is for my Law Enforcement stuff. I get discounts for that.

Walmart has a federal 1 oz of #6's for $5.99/box...

Not all Walmarts handle 16 ga. shotshells. I know the one here in Aberdeen, SD does not.

Stopped at Kone's Corner yesterday. They did have Fiocchi 1&1/8th. two boxes at 8.99 and a great many more at 9.99. The 8.99 4's and 5's are now in my inventory. I have shot these before and they worked fine. They had Golden Pheasant too, I beleive 14.99.
I'll have to think about the steel. If I hit a "pubby" I usually grab the 12 for steel. Would not shoot steel in the AYA, maybe the Ugartecha 16.
________
TRICHOMES

Last edited:
PS--- THE BIG GUN SHOW IS IN SIOUX FALLS THIS WEEKEND.USUALLY NOT A LOT OF SHOTGUN AMMO THERE, BUT CERTAINLY OTHER GOODIES. IF any one is looking for something, let me know.

BB--- saw the other Destino at Kone's. They want $500 more than what I paid for mine and the wood is not nearly as nice, but still probly worth it. They also have a Ruger Gold Label.
________
Disabilities forums

Last edited:
Walmart has a federal 1 oz of #6's for $5.99/box...standard price...believe it is a 1200 fps load

FAIL......

I went to walmart in Pierre, this is what i found... i dunno if you are referring to STEEL or LEAD shot..

walmart's price.

Federal LEAD game shok

16 ga
2 3/4 inches

1 1/8 oz

7 1/2 shot

11.97 a box.

$0.02 cheaper but at a 7.5 shot? no thanks.

FAIL......

I went to walmart in Pierre, this is what i found... i dunno if you are referring to STEEL or LEAD shot..

walmart's price.

Federal LEAD game shok

16 ga
2 3/4 inches

1 1/8 oz

7 1/2 shot

11.97 a box.

$0.02 cheaper but at a 7.5 shot? no thanks.

I can still get these shells in Cloquet, Mn....1 0z of #6's are $5.97/box....lead

I just bought more of the Federal 16 gauge 1 oz of #6 @ 1165 fps from Wal Mart in Duluth for $5.97/box...I looked in Cambridge, Mn this weekend and they were $6.47/box.

Pricing is weird because I beleive I cleaned Sioux Falls WalMart out of the 16"trap shells" at 5.95 over a year ago.

If I could find Al Gore I would strap him naked to a pole in my backyard and watch him dance. Oh oh! The Green Police are knocking.
________
Chevrolet 90-degree v6 engine

Last edited:
Back