Best rural eats

I've really enjoyed my visits to the Elephant. Great food and top shelf cocktails. Considering the quality, the prices are reasonable IMHO
For sure, prices are in line for what it is. Impressive for a small town restaurant in a county of 10k population.

Lots of great ones already mentioned but a newer one is Defiance Brewery's downtown location in Hays. Great beer, woodfire pizza, damn good nashville hot chicken sandwich, burgers, and some real Wisconsin cheese curds which are tough to find down here.

I've really enjoyed my visits to the Elephant. Great food and top shelf cocktails. Considering the quality, the prices are reasonable IMHO
I had lunch there last Saturday. Really enjoyed it. Taking one last trip the final weekend of the season. My girlfriend's birthday is the 27th, so she's joining me and the dog for that trip and we will be having dinner there that Saturday night.

I had lunch there last Saturday. Really enjoyed it. Taking one last trip the final weekend of the season. My girlfriend's birthday is the 27th, so she's joining me and the dog for that trip and we will be having dinner there that Saturday night.

I'll be out there too for the last hurrah of the season. Good hunting!

While heading out West and back home, we always have to stop at The Cozy Inn in downtown Salina for some bags of sliders. 6 doubles is just about right, however the truck will smell like onions for weeks afterwards. I'm okay with that. The Elephant Bistro is also a must when hunting around Norton/Jennings area. Steaks are amazing, especially for the price.

While heading out West and back home, we always have to stop at The Cozy Inn in downtown Salina for some bags of sliders. 6 doubles is just about right, however the truck will smell like onions for weeks afterwards. I'm okay with that. The Elephant Bistro is also a must when hunting around Norton/Jennings area. Steaks are amazing, especially for the price.
I love the Cozy Inn and you are NOT exaggerating about the onion smell!:ROFLMAO:

BTW, the Elephant is in Hoxie

THAT makes me hungry!

that apple dumpling is looking good about now!

There is a steakhouse(peanuts on the floor kind of place) thats behind the thunderbird lodge in mitchell, sd-great place to get a steak and beer while wearing "bird dog man attire". I can't remember the name of it....anyone?

Big Ed's in bird city, ks doesn't disappoint either! The thing is, you can't be in a hurry when you go there cause it'll be awwwwwhile.

that apple dumpling is looking good about now!

There is a steakhouse(peanuts on the floor kind of place) thats behind the thunderbird lodge in mitchell, sd-great place to get a steak and beer while wearing "bird dog man attire". I can't remember the name of it....anyone?

Big Ed's in bird city, ks doesn't disappoint either! The thing is, you can't be in a hurry when you go there cause it'll be awwwwwhile.
Used to eat at big ed's often when I lived out there.

Macs drive in McCook Nebraska burger and fries or anything on the menu. Powder keg pizza Fairview Montana.

Back