Best rural eats

A few more...

The Chicken House in Olpe, if you have some time and can handle the fact that they have no liquor license.

Bruffs in Emporia (surprisingly good steak for a "sports bar")

Grand Central in Cottonwood Falls.

All my virtual scouting is finally paying off!!!... But so far the actual best places to eat haven't been mentioned. Las Contreras in Smith Center and Elephant Bistro in Hoxie.
The Elephant Bistro's menu is impressive. Seems too fancy for hunting clothes and boots!😂

I dig hearing hole in the wall places. But where's that guy who always talks about hunting spot naming? Haha y'all giving me alot of areas to target naming your favorite eateries 😂
That wasn't the point of my post, but I can see how that can happen. 👎🏼

That wasn't the point of my post, but I can see how that can happen. 👎🏼
I was just giving you some shit haha there's some guys on here (one in particular I'm thinking of) who constantly bash folks for talking about general areas they hunt by as "spot naming".

I dig hearing hole in the wall places. But where's that guy who always talks about hunting spot naming? Haha y'all giving me alot of areas to target naming your favorite eateries 😂
Maybe somebody is getting smarter about how to get info out of us-through our stomachs-sucker! 🤣 🤣

Place in Osborne ( if it’s still there). Best prime rib dinner on Saturday nights. Not sure what’s it’s called it’s right off the highway tho. Havnt been there in years

We stayed in Lucas last yr , found a place with great cocktails and food, it was as cheap as any I've ever had. Fixed both in the kitchen of the house we rented!🤣

Thirsty's in Hays was a pleasant surprise for us coming back KC from the Southwest part of the country this summer.

Thirty's is decent, I really like it when they have "Mule Madness". Louies Bar in Ness City is good. Hard to find a good place to eat in western Kansas, especially living with my wife. Nothing compares. All the mexican places taste the same in Kansas, none of them true mexican food. Taco Bell really blows them all away in Kansas, not to mention the colon cleans that comes with it. Quite honestly, the best bang for your buck is McDonalds or Caseys pizza. However in Iowa, there is a mexican place in Algona that is the bomb. Will be eating there again the 18th-23rd.

Thirty's is decent, I really like it when they have "Mule Madness". Louies Bar in Ness City is good. Hard to find a good place to eat in western Kansas, especially living with my wife. Nothing compares. All the mexican places taste the same in Kansas, none of them true mexican food. Taco Bell really blows them all away in Kansas, not to mention the colon cleans that comes with it. Quite honestly, the best bang for your buck is McDonalds or Caseys pizza. However in Iowa, there is a mexican place in Algona that is the bomb. Will be eating there again the 18th-23rd.
While I wouldn't go the extreme of comparing them to Taco Bell, I'd agree about the Mexican food in Kansas. Seriously. There are like three in Manhattan, two in Wamego, McPherson, Emporia, etc etc... All the same food, all the same damn menus! It's insane!

While I wouldn't go the extreme of comparing them to Taco Bell, I'd agree about the Mexican food in Kansas. Seriously. There are like three in Manhattan, two in Wamego, McPherson, Emporia, etc etc... All the same food, all the same damn menus! It's insane!
Generally all owned by the same people.

Back