How many birds each season?

Crate training is a very important part of dog training. Keeping a dog safe during transportation is

I think it should be illegal to transport a pet in a car without a crate/kennel/restraint. When you see someone driving down the road with a dog in their lap, you know damn well they are a distracted driver. Its no different than using a cell phone when driving.
Out where I go, you don't see people.

I think it should be illegal to transport a pet in a car without a crate/kennel/restraint. When you see someone driving down the road with a dog in their lap, you know damn well they are a distracted driver. Its no different than using a cell phone when driving.

To bad for you this is America and we dont make stupid laws about having dogs in kennesls when driving. I'm hoping to get my pup early this spring and he'll be riding shotgun everywhere i go.

The ones that get me are the guys whose dogs ride in the back seat & look so cute they think it's a good idea to take a selfie. Like this idiot.
20201206_140820.jpg

To bad for you this is America and we dont make stupid laws about having dogs in kennesls when driving. I'm hoping to get my pup early this spring and he'll be riding shotgun everywhere i go.

We all thought that using a cell phone while driving was stupid at first too. Then we realized that distracted driving causes accidents.

Soon enough it may be a law here but for now if you want to risk your life and the lives of others (including your dog), have at it buddy. By the way, what's a kennesls?

My Mom always said "Love many, trust few. Always paddle your own canoe."

I try to do that. Your canoe is your canoe; paddle it any way you want to. It's certainly none of my business how you paddle through life. Allow me the same courtesy please.

I try to do that. Your canoe is your canoe; paddle it any way you want to. It's certainly none of my business how you paddle through life. Allow me the same courtesy please.

Until that canoe is turned into a speedboat and t-bones you at 80 mph...

None of us get out of this alive. 80 is the legal limit on I-90 across SD.

We'd all be safer if 25mph was the max limit everywhere, correct? Or maybe 15mph would be better.

I suspect there's not much difference in getting t-boned at 70 or 75 compared to 80.

I suspect there's not much difference in getting t-boned at 70 or 75 compared to 80.

You completely missed the point. Sticking your head in the sand and paddling your own canoe is a good way to go about things, but you can't trust everyone to do just that. Distracted driving, whether its with a cell phone, an ankle biter in your lap, or a hunting dog riding shotgun, is dangerous. Do you not agree with that? That's all I'm trying to say here. Apparently some people think its perfectly fine to drive with a 75 pound distraction in the vehicle.

That being said, this thread got way off course so I'll be done commenting on this for now. We can go back to gloating about how many birds we harvest each season...

Actually, no, I don't agree with that sweeping generalization. I also don't believe in making sweeping laws that assume the lowest possible common denominator. I also don't believe in attempting to make a plethora of laws that prohibit/punish every possible human failing in all aspects of life.

There's nothing so uncommon in the general population as common sense. No amount of legislation is going to change that. People break laws all the time anyway.

So if the day comes that some person lacking common sense puts a wild 75 pound hunting dog in the front seat and that dog causes the driver to t-bone me at 80mph...well, I guess it's my time to go. The odds are about a zillion to one against that happening so I don't worry about it much.

Oh, and while I haven't posted any pheasant season score info myself, I do enjoy reading how others do over a season. I don't see these posters as "gloating".

Right on brother.My dog is a family member who is treated better than a king.

I’ve driven at least 15,000 miles with Lena next to me…the other 2 don’t get the courtesy, they would be distractions. Anyway, this place is like a 7th grade classroom…I just insulted 7th grade classrooms!!!😆
A $hit show to be sure, at least some of the time. Spend some time on UplandJournal.com…whole different experience…not necessarily funny, but I don’t come here for that, but that’s what we get…at best, some humor…😜

Ya we should have a law because some tard who lets dogs ride on there lap. Brilliant. 🤪🤪 Benny's fine. When he was young he'd wanna have his head ot the window but nowadays he mostly sits in back licking on his unit.

Back