Young Pup out of NOVA

seacowboy

Howdy all. Just joining up from Northern VA. Mainly preserve hunting out this way but there are a few wild quail popping up and the grouse numbers have exploded on the VA/WVA border. Got a 6 month old Griffon 'Cody' that has been doing excellent in all things thrown at him. Will run him in both our firsts NAVHDA NA Test in September. Working on a plan to head out west to SD and MN in late Nov or early Dec with a friend and his Britt pup. Can't wait for that trip.
IMG_1245.jpg

Welcome to the foum--enjoy

Nice looking dog and a great picture:10sign:

Welcome to UPH. Nice lookin dog. :10sign: With a Handle like Seacowboy you are going to have to explain that one.

Thanks fellas.

Name comes from an old captain I use to work for. I run tug boats hauling fuel throughout the Gulf and East Coast. The capt named me and another deckhand and himself the "Seacowboy's" cause we'd go out in some nasty weather crossing the Gulf and shared a handful of nasty storms and even a couple hurricanes together. We were the country boys of the crew, with the others from undesirable areas such Boston, NYC or Philadelphia and places like that.

My time away, 3 weeks onboard and 3 weeks off makes it a bit tough on training but when I'm home were balls to the wall. As for progress I think we are doing an excellent job and have no doubts in his ability far over mine as a handler/trainer. But so far its working out great with us as a team and look forward to each trip to the field together.

Back