You Ever

pheasantaddict

I have been looking to get a new gun since Nov. and there are alot of good sales on guns. I was in no big hurry and had narrowed down my selection between 4 guns. I came across one of the guns and it was marked $500 lower than anybody else. I knew I had to wait till work picked up again, but man I sure wanted to pull the trigger. Last weekend I was at the store and it was gone. The prices on the new stock went back to normal. You ever been to cautious when buying some hunting gear or thought the price might go down some more? At least somebody got a heck of a deal.

Buyer's remorse is a sad thing when a gun that you fell in love with has moved on in the arms of another.

Cabela's will sometimes mark guns down substantially for a short period of time. They are having a sale in Mitchell at least this weekend. The Fausti Style was lowered $300 last year at this sale , then went back up, but not right away so I do not know how they figure these things. Seems the Euros give rebates on some guns at times tho.
________
MICHIGAN MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
Yes, there are many stories I could tell. But it all water over the dam now, Life goes on even without the new gun. I wouldn't be to sad about that missed gun PA. I have known some of them to have major flaws and then you are stuck with a Lemon.

Yea, what gun was it? maybe it realy wasn't that good of a deal, and someone on here will be able to help. I know a couple guy's in the gun department. But if it was, just kick back and there will be another, there always is. Funny thing is the realy good deals are coming up in the off season I would think. Guy's tradeing in for new with nice and stuff. Pluss the economy or whatever we call it should be forceing some deals. Just watch the bobber for a little while you will get a bite. I screwed around looking for a Cortona last year and the cheapest I found was 2600-2500, Local. and it wasn't too long I found one for 1600 new in box to be shiped in. Saved 1,000 $, Bought a crap load of shells and gas with that.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm at peace with it. Thanks to all for the good cheese it really complimented my wine. I'm just glad they haven't passed any gun display stalker laws yet. I can tell the boys at Scheels, Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, and Bass Pro Shops are onto me. There is probably a wanted poster of me in their break room for frequent fondling of the O/U's and SxS's. Seriously, I'm not sure yet which gun is right for me. The two O/U's are the Beretta Silver Pigeon V and the Caesar Guerni Magnus. The two SxS's are the Kimber Valier and AYA No. 2 (following the advice of Uncle Buck). It would be nice if you could take the guns for a test drive before you bought them. I've only shot a SxS once at clay targets. This will be my one gun for all upland hunting.

PheasantAddict, You made me chuckle with that comment. About a Wanted Poster for Frequent Fondling of O/U and SxS. I'll bet there are a lot, lot more hunters than just you and me that are guilty of that.---Bob

Well I looked at these two OH's Too when looking for a trial gun. And either choice , The Bereta or Ceasar, are great choices. whichever fits best. Cortona is made by the same family in Italy and are slightly cheaper The Rezini family same palm swell and stuff. They are distributed by Kalispal case line in the US.The Ceasars and the cortonas fit me perfect the only reason I went with them. I am going to a few places this weekend and I will check the price and post em back, There were some dealers here with good prices on both of those, and better than any of the cabela's ect.:thumbsup: PS the one thing to remember with any spendy OH is the blueing can be very touchy to rain rust ect. so be sure to cary oil and cloth with and DO NOT! put it away till wiped down. Or you will be sorry like me. :nutz:

If you like the Kimber, but think it's a bit high, take a look at the S&W Elite Gold. GM at Lino Lakes MN had one at $1,600 which is as cheap as I have seen one. I do not beleive it is there anymore. I saw a Valier for $2,600 the other day, somewhere on the web the other day. It must have had some fair use on it at that price. Both these guns are Turkish, but of much higher quality/price of CZ/HUGLU.
The "BIG" gun show is in Sioux Falls this weekend. I'll be there if anyone wants me to look for them. Seems to be afew more doubles there te last couple of years. I'll be the oldsilver haired guy with the droll on his chin.
________
Lamborghini Miura Specifications

Last edited:
I was dissappointed to hear that the Bennelli Utralite can only carry 3 shells. I suppose it stands to reason but man, I have a hard time managing the only 4 shells I can hold in my SBE!

I suppose, with only 3 shells, the UL would be the autoloaders of choice for all the "Fair Chase" sportsmen.

Hey Landman, you gittin one? :p

I was dissappointed to hear that the Bennelli Utralite can only carry 3 shells. I suppose it stands to reason but man, I have a hard time managing the only 4 shells I can hold in my SBE!

I suppose, with only 3 shells, the UL would be the autoloaders of choice for all the "Fair Chase" sportsmen.

Hey Landman, you gittin one? :p

Nope, just today, purchased a single New England, which should be all I will need and it doesn't weigh much. Showed it to my dog and she started trembling, not sure why, but I suppose she connects it with more grass busting next fall.

LM

FCS, if you like the Cortona, Take a look at the Savage Milano. I settled for one of them in a 28 gauge. They are made by the same Rizzini plant/company and It has been a very good gun for me. I have been told they are very little differences. The Cortona could have a little better wood etc. is about all.

Last edited:
LM,

Am I to understand correctly that you purchased and will hunt with a single shot?

Well yes, I did the math. During the last four years I've shot singularly 96.3%of the time and connected 84.8% resulting in a downed bird. Of the remaining 3.7% shooting opportunities I shot a second time and connected 45.8% of the time resulting in a downed bird. The remaining 54.2% of the second shots I fired a third shot with varying results, but mostly missing.

Considering fair chase issues and poor economic conditions it just seems responsible to use a low end single until the foreseeable future.

LM

Well yes, I did the math. During the last four years I've shot singularly 96.3%of the time and connected 84.8% resulting in a downed bird. Of the remaining 3.7% shooting opportunities I shot a second time and connected 45.8% of the time resulting in a downed bird. The remaining 54.2% of the second shots I fired a third shot with varying results, but mostly missing.

Considering fair chase issues and poor economic conditions it just seems responsible to use a low end single until the foreseeable future.

LM
Intresting. I shoot doubles most of the time, but would guess I have pretty much the same results with the exception of no third shot. The second tube does not get much of a work out, tho it seems like I recovered a fair number of first misses this year, connecting on the second. Not many double opportunities despite a good year overall. I recall missing the second on my best opportunity for a double and it was an easy shot.
________
Vehicle Insurance Advice

Last edited:
What's the best price anybody has seen on a new AYA #2?

If you can get one under $4,500, better grab it. Guns America had a couple of used ones at decent prices when I went thru them yesterday. Check Guns Unlimited in Omaha and Quality Arms. Quality is a quality orginization.
If you want to see all their models go to doublesanddogs.com They have all the good photos and manufacturor's list price, options etc. Round bodys and any guage but 12 cost more.
1 paid $3,200 for mine about 7 years ago. 16 ga Roundbody-- now about $5,500. Alot of this had to do with the value of the US dollor.
________
Vapir one

Last edited:
Uguide, you can get a extended tube for your SBE and hold 9, 2 3/4 thats fun.I don't know about getting one for the Ultralite. Bob I never new that about the savage , I will check into that, I need to think about getting a spare for when I will be shooting at trials.

Back