Yee-Haw!!!

henhenROOSTER!!!

Hey-Hey-Hey, let's hear it for a little timely moisture on the eastern CO Rooster Fields! This wknd's snowstorm will be the 2nd significant shot in a couple of weeks. Here's Hoping for an about-face pour-it-on return to better years & a much better 2013 hatch than last yr's killer drought!!! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Umm, not so much Hoorah for the blizzard conditions... :(

Yeah I know, but it's at least a start - more moisture in the past couple weeks than they've had in the entire last year out there! Just KEEPIN HOPE ALIVE!!! ;)

Good deal. PTL!

Quick moving thunderstorm moving across Dodge at moment.

Snowing hard out here, Ground has given way to a carpet of white. Wind not bad as predicted but it aint over yet...

"Here's Hoping for an about-face pour-it-on return to better years & a much better 2013 hatch than last yr's killer drought!!! "

I will add a big AMEN to that!

Cowdog, did you get out of the City and take up residence out there? Thought you worked in the Springs?:thumbsup:

Looks like this wknd's latest snowstorm is finally gonna dead-center on eastern CO farm & pheasant country instead of the front range for a change! From Burlington all the way up thru Holyoke should get a good shot of moisture out of this one... :10sign:

In my opinion, still to early to forecast accurately, but talking over a foot Monday night through Wednesday Morning. Someone is going to get hit!! Just might not be me!!! Bring it on!!!! :cheers: Just to a peek at the forecast for Sterling, Co and it said Monday night rain up to 1.1 inches, Tues and Tues night snow of up to 12 inches.

Last edited:
Winter Storm Watch for Sterling:
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a Winter Storm
Watch... which is in effect from late Monday night through Tuesday
afternoon.

* Timing... rain will gradually change to snow after midnight and
continue on Tuesday.

* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches.

* Wind/visibility... north 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph
especially after midnight. Visibilities will drop down below a
quarter mile at times due to snow and blowing snow.

Looks like we have another blessing coming our way!

Tuesday: MUCH COLDER WITH SNOW!

METRO DENVER: 8 TO 14 inches
FRONT RANGE FOOTHILLS: 10 TO 18 inches
FORT COLLINS-GREELEY: 8 TO 14 inches
EASTERN PLAINS: 6 to 12 inches
Morning lows are forecast to be from 18 to 22 degrees, afternoon highs from 20 to 25 degrees. Snow could be blinding at times in northerly winds at 20 to 40 mph.

I was at Strasburg Game Birds on Saturday and things are *beginning* to green up out there. This morning I noticed that there were quite a few dead bugs on my windshield and front grill ... haven't seen that in a while.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Looks to hit Wyoming and South Dakota and parts of Nebraska with a good shot of snow( 12-24):cheers: Wife may have to be out shoveling again!!!!!:D:D My back is getting better, but she doesn't have to know!!!!LOL!!

Certainly looks to have fizzled out here in CO, but NE needs moisture too.

What the hell happened??? This is why it is so hard predicting moisture when we are protected by such big mountains . Things move a little bit here or there and nothing!!! However , out east or N.E., got some good rain! Almost 2" in spots from South of Morgan to the Kansas/ Neb line. It was in certain areas more and less than that.

I have 6-7 inches already this morning!!! Still cranking!!! Maybe it is our turn!!!! Suppose to keep snowing until Wed.:10sign::cheers:

Looks like northern CO / WY and western NE will get a lot out of this.
Also, it appears that this will be a long, drawn out event ... snow through Wed night - which means that there will be time for the moisture to slowly seep in, rather than dump, melt and runoff.

I was in east Kansas over the weekend near Olathe / Hillsdale and the lakes were full, grass was green. =)

Central Kansas looked to be recovering.

Did you get to see the pic's of the farm and ranch ground in Karval, Colo. ? Grass/pasture ground had a foot of sand covering it!!! Looked like the sand dunes out there!!!

Back