Wow...

Shotgun shells are tougher now to find. Not planning to buy, just looking a few times each day... far less available than just a few weeks ago.

Clay target ammo availability has really dried up across the net over the past few weeks. We have enough for awhile ...

Sure hope the reason is that the shotshell producers and distributors are working to keep all the HS Trap teams whole as their seasons begin in April.

Clay target ammo availability has really dried up across the net over the past few weeks. We have enough for awhile ...

Sure hope the reason is that the shotshell producers and distributors are working to keep all the HS Trap teams whole as their seasons begin in April.

I work with several high school trap teams and coaches. These teams are in solid shape for ammunition this season. It is my understanding that Federal has made supplying the high school league a top priority.

Thanks for sharing. I was an adult volunteer for 3 seasons. It was fun watching these young men and ladies shoot and improve. Really fun when you had the opportunity to score a 25 or 50.

One of my sons missed his senior spring trap season last year - covid shut down. He lettered as a Junior. We went out in May and he shot a pair of 22s the first time out with his new gun. He would have had a great season. He is not very athletic, but shooting and shooting well he can do. We pretty much have moved to sporting clays since then...

The Trap league is great for these HS kids. Just think ... all these teams with HS students, guns and ammo. Phones in their vehicles ... no accidents, just good clean fun and some competition to boot.

Last edited:
The high school trap team my boys shoots for has shells for the spring season,but it might be hard to find shell for the teams fall practice. In 2019 the team had 58 students on the team,2020 Covid shut down and in 2021 30 on the team.

Back