Wow...

Labs

Cheaper Than Dirt is selling Federal Blue Box trap loads for $49.99 a box! That's the stuff that is normally around $5.00 a box anywhere. Hope everyone stocked up on ammo & components while you had the chance, this is going to be a rough 2-4 years...

You can't fix stupid...
Yep. Wonder how much they're selling? Trap loads are the one thing we can get around here. Not a lot, but there is some on the shelf...

Holy crap, I might stand corrected. I just checked Midway USA, AbleAmmo and Sportsman Warehouse. All say all shotgun ammo is either out of stock or not available. It appears Cabelas is still selling. What's going on?????

A pandemic, the usual political panic after an admin change, hoarders and a whole lot of new gun owners is what's going on. I was in a Wal Mart today and they had 3 boxes of centerfire rifle cartridge--2 of .450 Bushmaster and 1 box of Federal Premium Sierra 168 grain Match --the .308 was $26.99; not a bad price in normal times, let alone now... and my rifle loves that ammo so I didn't hesitate to latch onto it. Hard to tell when I'll see more.

About once a week I check a couple of local stores Fleet Farm, and Walmart. I picked up 100 Winchester target loads in 12 gauge at Walmart for 23.00 the other week along with two boxes of Winchester .22 Long Rifle. Stopped at Fleet Farm and picked up 200 rounds of 20 gauge Federal trap loads for 27 dollars per hundred and also one bulk pack of 250 .22 long rifle. Grand kids will be happy next time we get out to the sporting clay course. Been buying it as I see it so this summer will have plenty. I stocked up plenty for the upcoming hunting season last year, in fact probably sitting on a couple of years supply of game loads in 12 and 20 gauge.

The Cabelas in Rogers Mn has a line of 30 to 50 people waiting every morning for the store to open to go and buy ammo. I have been able to buy some Federal trap loads at Fleet Farm and Runnings.

Welcome to Biden's America. Everyone is taking his advice and loading the double barrel shotgun for home protection like the Big Guy told us to do.

That's a lot of shells!

Part of the problem with the lines at Cabelas,it is some of the same people every morning waiting to buy ammo to resell.

Welcome to Biden's America. Everyone is taking his advice and loading the double barrel shotgun for home protection like the Big Guy told us to do.

That's a lot of shells!
I don't think it has anything to do with Biden, we have not been able to buy ammo here since last summer. That's at all the sporting goods, including Cabela's.

I don't think it has anything to do with Biden, we have not been able to buy ammo here since last summer. That's at all the sporting goods, including Cabela's.
Based on the astute observations that Murph has consistently made in the past, I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that his assessment of the impact of Papa Joe's brilliant suggestion was, shall we say, tongue in cheek. His own cheek (we are talking about Murph here, not Papa).

It may have something to do with a Democratic President. While I agree with your assessment that its been going on before he took office, there's usually several events that fuel a surge in ammo/gun demand.

Democratic leadership is one of them. A mass shooting event is another. You can add civil unrest and a pandemic to that list now.

It may have something to do with a Democratic President. While I agree with your assessment that its been going on before he took office, there's usually several events that fuel a surge in ammo/gun demand.

Democratic leadership is one of them. A mass shooting event is another. You can add civil unrest and a pandemic to that list now.
Yes - a newly awakened (and probably highly temporary) recognition among the public at large that the police have absolutely no duty to protect them at the individual level, coupled with the revelation that there are some damned bad actors among us who will severely mess us up, given any (or no real) excuse seems to have sparked a lot of panic buying.

But what gets my goat is how virtually every mass shooting occurs in "gun free" (meaning, law abiding armed citizen free) zones - which, without fail, sparks demands for more of the same. How many school shootings have occurred in terrorist-rich Israel in the past 10 years (none, I believe). And why might that be? Because an armed teacher will shoot you dead if you attempt to harm the kids. Its a pretty good plan.

You may be right but I am only trying to point out the reasons, new or historical, that have driven a spike in gun/ammo sales. And at this point, we currently have 3 of them ongoing.

Back