Wing Works Vest

Yes I agree I didn't want to pony up the money but did last year and I love it.
I can carry all that water for two dogs and not kill my back.:10sign:

Another :thumbsup: for the WingWorks vest. Great quality vest and IMHO better than the Pella or Browning/Mothers. Plenty of water (2 -1 liter bottles). Water bottles are easy to re-insert into the holsters becuase the holsters are quite stiff. And a big plus is how easy the game bag is to load as this is a common complaint with other strap vests. The wide belt really takes the weight off the shoulders and puts it on your hips.

To make sure you get the proper fit give WW a call. They will take your physical measurements and make sure you get the right size.

These vests rock, light cool in the heat and carry eveything you might need for a day in the field!

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new vest possibly.
How many pockets for other items? Licenses, camera, keys,etc..
Ecollar transmitter holder?

The WW vest has two deep pockets on each side for shells or whatever you want to put in them. There are 2 water bottle holsters on each side that hold 2 - 1 liter bottles. On the back of the game bag is a rather large pocket to hold extra items plus a strap to attach an extra garment. I guess the one thing it doen't have is an Ecollar holder. But there are plenty of places you could attach one.

It's really nice getting the weight off your shoulders and on to your hips. and the quality of the vest is second to none.

The vest does have an ecollar transmitter holster in a convenient holster and strap retainer in the front. My dogtra collar transmitter fits great!

Just got one of these Vests for Christmas and got to hunt with it on Sunday and it was more comfortable and practical than I thought it would be. I had them put an extra D ring on the harness to attach my eCollar controller since it doesn't fit in the holsters on the front of the pockets. The game pouch is much easier to load than the jacket style vest I was using (I got to fill it up). The one thing that took a little getting used to was getting in and out of the truck between fields. The game bag sticks out a little and I would catch it getting into the truck, it will take a little getting used to.

Overall a great product and the customer service I received through out the order process as well as after has been great!:thumbsup:

Getting in a vehicle with the WW vest on is a little bit of a problem. I usually take mine off first. It's just kind of bulky in the back and pushes you forward in the seat.

Dude take the vest off, you can't mark it down for the how it gets in and out of a truck thats not what its made for.

Those WingWorks vest look pretty nice. Has anybody tried the Ballistic Cloth? May have to invest in one of these for pheasant hunting. For the past couple of years I have been wearing a Mystery Ranch back for extended Chukar hunts and have really liked it. It allows me to carry a sleeping bag and tent so I can set up a makeshift camp whereever I end up at the end of the day.

Dude- are you road hunting?:D Why in the world would anyone leave their hunting vest on when travelling to another area?:confused:

I normally never take my vest off when traveling from field to field. It's generally just a short ride that only takes a few minutes. Why would you take your vest off only to put it back on 2 minutes later? :confused:

Dakotazeb is right on with how I use my vest. Most of the time it is just moving the truck a mile or so to the next field, now if I am going to a different part of the county I take my vest off.

Is your gun in the front seat too? With shells in it?

Sometimes, but most of the time it is in the back seat.

If a guy preferes to keep his vest on when he hunts good for him. I am glad I know that it is hard to ride in a vehicle with it on. Thanks for the info Zeb. If you always take your vest off thats fine, take that info with a grain of salt.

Ummm? Maybe because it really, really easy to take off, and it's covered with bird blood, burrs, dust, and all that other crap that I don't want in my truck. Duh. I also put my double gun back in it's case every time.

I mean really? Is it so important to be really, really ready at the next spot that you have to wear your vest? Is your gun in the front seat too? With shells in it?

You are way off base here. Maybe you need to come to SD to hunt and observe. I would venture to say that 99% of the hunters do not remove their vests each time they get into a vehicle. Especially for a short ride to the next field. It's not a matter of being ready, it's just the way it is. If you prefer to remove your vest every time you enter your vehicle by all means please do so. It doesn't make it wrong if we don't!

And FYI my gun in unloaded, cased and in the back of my vehicle. I don't road hunt and haven't shot a bird in the ditch for over 25 years.

I even wear my bird vest to the bar after a good hunt. The chicks dig it!

That is an interesting thought. I might wear mine to bed tonight and nothing else and see were it gets me. Full report in the morning.

Last edited:
Back