Who owns a Benelli Vinci

Team68

Just seeing who owns a benelli vinci. i went from a nova to a vinci and i love it.:cheers::thumbsup:

Since June and I love it. Just seems to mount, swing, and shoot well for me.

Everytime I switch back to one of my other guns at the range or in the field, it doesn't last long, before I'm back to the Vinci.

Been good to me....safety flat sucks...of all the things they improved from the SBE and SBE2....took a huge step back with that thing. Really hard to get pushed with gloves in the flush.

Feels like its part of my body in the swing.

Good question, I have a nova and have been really thinking about the Vinci.

What is so bad about the safety? What kind of safety is it, a push through bar on the trigger guard or a slide on top of the receiver?

What else did you think about getting besides the Vinci and what made you decide on it?

-Barry-

I have a Vinci and, personally, I don't believe there's anything bad about the safety. In fact, I like it. It's a push through bar on the trigger guard.

- The safety is a a big button (much bigger than my SBE). I happen to like that.

- The safety is stiff! I happen to like that too. Might take a little getting used to, but, not a big deal IMO. Haven't had any more issues hunting pheasants with gloves on, than with any other gun. In fact, I think it's better. The button's bigger, and, the "feedback" is more pronounced, given the stiffness.

- The safety is located at the front of the trigger guard, not the back like my SBE. Not sure what percentage of auto's put the safety in the front, versus the rear, but, believe it's a mix...so, nothing super odd about the Vinci. Takes getting used too if you've been using a different set-up but, so does going from an O/U to an auto.

My recommendation is don't make your purchase decision based on the safety. It' a non-issue, or perhaps even a plus.

I have a Vinci and, personally, I don't believe there's anything bad about the safety. In fact, I like it. It's a push through bar on the trigger guard.

- The safety is a a big button (much bigger than my SBE). I happen to like that.

- The safety is stiff! I happen to like that too. Might take a little getting used to, but, not a big deal IMO. Haven't had any more issues hunting pheasants with gloves on, than with any other gun. In fact, I think it's better. The button's bigger, and, the "feedback" is more pronounced, given the stiffness.

- The safety is located at the front of the trigger guard, not the back like my SBE. Not sure what percentage of auto's put the safety in the front, versus the rear, but, believe it's a mix...so, nothing super odd about the Vinci. Takes getting used too if you've been using a different set-up but, so does going from an O/U to an auto.

My recommendation is don't make your purchase decision based on the safety. It' a non-issue, or perhaps even a plus.

I agree 100%.

I shoot all types of shotguns and I happen to like the Vinci safety. I just lay my trigger finger on the bevel leading to the safety and it's an easy move to get the safety off, gloves or no gloves.

I have no complaints regarding the Vinci. My 26" black model weighs 6 lbs 14 oz. and it's a natural pointer for me. It soaked up the recoil on 3" 1500 fps steel loads just fine and I love the ease of cleaning the gun. No jams or misfires after a year now.

I shoot it well on the clay range and on pheasants. There was no "getting used to it," and that's why I chose it over the other new autos on the market. The Vinci just comes up right for me.

The Vinci looks different and a lot of people can't get past the looks. I happen to like to way it looks. All autos are ugly. Once you get past that you are free to focus on the other things.

Can you imagine the horror the nancyboys expressed at the turn of the century when the Browning A5 appeared?
;)

Hold on there.

I'm sure the Benelli is a fine gun. It sets new standards for utilitarian ugly. Might as well hunt with an M-16. I have no quarrel with you, if you want to hunt with one. That doesn't make those of us who like the feel and appearance of a fine double, a " Nancy Boy", any more than it makes you a tasteless clod. I can admire function in a machine, I also admire grace, and style, in guns, dogs, and women. It's the way things get accomplished to me as much as the acomplishment.

I'm sure the Benelli is a fine gun. It sets new standards for utilitarian ugly. Might as well hunt with an M-16. I have no quarrel with you, if you want to hunt with one. That doesn't make those of us who like the feel and appearance of a fine double, a " Nancy Boy", any more than it makes you a tasteless clod. I can admire function in a machine, I also admire grace, and style, in guns, dogs, and women. It's the way things get accomplished to me as much as the acomplishment.

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve, but you prove my point, and it was easy.

This thread was for Vinci owners, not the guys who whine about the way it looks.

Public thread, Rooster Roaster, and in second thought you really aren't sorry for anything. I read your post because I have considered buying one for a kid who is recoil averse, but needs a 12ga. for waterfowl and late season pheasants. Never said anything about the gun except that it is visually challenged, or your choices. Being a member of this fraternity, which is fairly populated with hide bound upland traditionalists, thought you might want to articulate your support of your choice, without left handed slurs aimed at anyone who might see things differently. Apparently, I'm wrong. I guess you proved my point too!

Rooster Roaster, Nice try? Which means what? Your a hide-bound traditionalist trapped, and forced to use a Benelli Vinci? Not my point at all. I really don't care if you have, or use a matched pair of Purdey's, or a single shot Rossi. My only objection is reference to traditonalist's as "NancyBoys", using your term. As if using a double implies some lack of virility. Why belabor the point? You can defend anything you like, I or anyone here can agree or disagree, it's an opinion blog. As in the rules of use we keep it civil. I'll yield the thread to you, the "new" renaissance man, to get the last word, have at it.

Safety will get easier with use as it wears a bit

I like wood furniture on my guns too. love my old A-5s model 12s machined not stamped parts. But mainly bird hunt with BSS or Citori and the Red Labels. use the others for rabbit hunts.:cheers::thumbsup:

Got a vinic for valentine day from the wife and just ran 5 boxes of shells thru it at the range yesterday----I truly feel its the best pointing gun I've ever owned and I love the way it shoots, it's quick with low felt recoil.

I love it. Although I wanted it for ducks and geese I'm sure a few pheasants are in its future also.

i shot a little under 50 rounds through that gun before i decided i cant stand it.
the bottom receiver is too bulky, i feel like there is too much down there. the forearm is way to big and flat feeling in the hand.

it functioned fine. it shot fine.

if i was getting a benelli id go m2. i prefer traditional feeling shotguns. thats just me though.

i like the sbe2 over the vinci

Got a vinic for valentine day from the wife and just ran 5 boxes of shells thru it at the range yesterday----I truly feel its the best pointing gun I've ever owned and I love the way it shoots, it's quick with low felt recoil.

I love it. Although I wanted it for ducks and geese I'm sure a few pheasants are in its future also.

your one lucky man :eek::thumbsup:

A fella at the local gunshop said he had heard complaints of folks getting pinched in the cheek by the split between stock and receiver after the shot. Anyone else hear/noticed anything like this?

Back